Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 Escalade.What fuel do you guys use ?
In my area we have 90 88 and 86 grades.
In my 2000 Escalade I used 86 and it ran fine,but I think the 6.0 has higher compression.What do you use in your Escalade?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I ran 87 octane for the longest, but have been using 89 octane (midgrade) for several months. The 6.0 seems to run smoother with less knocking on midgrade. JMHO

·
Registered
Escalade
113 Posts
Run the premium. Thats if you want to take advantage of the power of the 6.0. If you run regular the computer will de tune because of knocking and it will lose its pep. I have always ran premium but one day my brother borrowed the escalade and filled it up with regular upon returning it. Just ran like a dog.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
I only use premium in my 05. Since we are all buying Escalades, we can obviously fork out the money for the better gas. It will definitly make it run better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
'08 STS 4.6L 1SG N* PLATINUM ED.
126 Posts
I have a 2004 since new and I run Mobil or Shell or Exxon regular 87 oct.
If I sense any ping at all I fill with the next grade up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The owner manual says you can use 87 ocatane, its just for performance as a sense if you are racing 1/4 mile. Spend the extra money.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
Honestly... i have tried all grades and really noticed no difference... i would feel like s#@t putting the cheap stuff in the lade, so i use the middel 89 octane... i noticed no difference with premium, and i am going on 49k now...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I run midgrade just to be on the safe side. I found NO benefit with premium except to get rid of the extra money I had laying around. I actually got better gas mileage on the cheap stuff but being a mile above sea level allows me to run a lower octane fuel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts