Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,998 Posts
To be honest about the air bladders I think that's what is causing the service suspension error to constantly come up , they just installed the shocks and did not repair the air bladder leak. Here in my area the mechanic options are limited. I will have to probably go back to Cadillac for that ...

Thank you for all your help .. I appreciate it. The parts are ordered should have it all installed by the end of the month.
====================
To be honest about the air bladders
I think that's what is causing the service suspension error to constantly come up ,

you need to check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes using the on-board scanner -
THAT will tell you what's causing the SERVICE SUSPENSION message -

they just installed the shocks and did not repair the air bladder leak
the air bladders are built into the rear shocks -
they are not serviceable or repairable -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
If the correct shocks were installed, as like the originals, the air bladder is integral to the shock. One-piece parts, no separate bags. So - there may be one or more air line or connector leaks. Both shocks inflate/deflate as one - no L-R height capability.

Look at your shocks in RockAuto.

Here's my RR wheelwell - see the black rubber bladder around the shock upper sleeve?

RR height sensor.jpg.JPG

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX (sold), 96 Eldorado (sold), 99 DeVille (sold)
1,360 Posts
I don't think the air bladder will trigger that message. If they are bad, the pump will just run a lot.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts