Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and want to ask a quick question. I just bought a used 2000 Eldorado ESC. I need to make decision today on purchase of extended warranty. Car has 48K miles and looks to have been well maintained. Looking for opinions on on need for extended warranty.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Hello and welcome steelerfan,

I can't be much help to you on this issue, because I opted not to get on for my Cadillac. Mine is more or less a Garage Queen and the bucks for the EW were more than I wanted to pay for limited driving. If this is your daily driver and you put some miles on it I would be more inclined to get one. I just wanted to welcome you and give my 2 cents worth. I'm sure others will chime in.

I do believe that there is a thread on EW if you do a search for it to see whats been said.

Good Luck either way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've owned a 2000 STS for about two months now. It had about 48K when I bought it and I tossed the idea of EW around...but what I found is that NONE of them would even tell you comprehensively what they covered. This made me very anxious and I decided against EW. Not many of the highly reguarded posters here will advocate for them. I've yet to hear any real good arguments for them. Take the $3K that it would take for extensive coverage and bank it for the eventual repairs that will be needed along the way IMO. Don't discount the fact that you can learn some of the basics yourself either here or on other forums and then plan for the worst and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will use the bank it idea. I have never in the past bought one so why start now. Now that I'm on the forum I'm sure that the information I want to learn will come. One more quick question though. The car has scracth on the chrome end piece on front bumper ( don't know what to call it). Do you go directly to Cadillac dealer to order parts or can you find them online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
steelerfan