Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't owned very many cars and never a Cadillac. The previous owner took good care of it but the last few years
he was diagnosed with dementia and no one really knows what he did or did not do. I was wondering what
I should be looking at, and what steps I should be taking to be proactive with the vehicle. It has about 184k
miles on it so I know I need to keep up with things. Also, is using premium fuel important or can I use a lesser
grade? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Consult the maintenance charts in the owner's manual. If you don't know everything about the car and its care you'll need to start inspecting - tires, wheels, brakes, suspension, FWD axles, CV joints, and so on.

Normal machinery maintenance. Get a real GM/Helm service manual set from eBay or www.helminc.com or take out a multi-year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com.

Which engine is in a '95 Eldorado, and which model is the car? If the engine is the 32 valve Northstar it has a very sensitive knock sensor, so you could run 87 octane most of the time - but for occasional maximum performance work, trailer towing, or mountain driving you would want to run 91/93 octane.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
:yeah: It has the Northstar.

Since the maintenance is unknown and given the age, change all the fluids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts