Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS C/T Hi feature
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 cts di awd was wondering if I should buy the dealership warranty... it is just under 3k and they say it's like bumper to bumper just curious if I should even bother getting one on an 08 any suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy driving yours as much as I do mine. Extended warranties come in lots of flavors so check coverage, deductibles, etc. is it gm or 3rd party? Mileage on the car might factor into your decision. But in answer to the general question spend some time going thru old threads and you might agree that an extended warranty is a good idea for an 08 di awd. Does it have a sunroof? ��

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Not sure a dealership warranty is your best option. I would look very closely at the agreement to see what is and isn't covered. You'd be surprised what isn't covered under some warranty plans.
Use the search function to read some of the threads here discussing different plans/options. It pays do some research when it comes to warranties.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
But definitely, strongly, consider getting the GM plan which you do not have to purchase through your dealer.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Do a search for Black Cadillac in PA, they sell GMPP warranties at a discount.

Marv

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Tbbt said:
Do a search for Black Cadillac in PA, they sell GMPP warranties at a discount. Marv
They have a good rep.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
I thought Black could only sell the extended warranty if the factory warranty was still in effect. Once the factory warranty runs out, the extended bumper to bumper option is gone...or so I thought. On an 08, the factory warranty is definitely gone.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I thought Black could only sell the extended warranty if the factory warranty was still in effect. Once the factory warranty runs out, the extended bumper to bumper option is gone...or so I thought. On an 08, the factory warranty is definitely gone.
Sorry, You are correct HurstGN! I didn't take the model year into my thoughts! Only 3rd party warranties would apply. mmelendez, make sure your carefully read what is covered and what isn't. Take note of the cost to YOU for each deductible repair.

Marv

·
Registered
Cadillac
151 Posts
Black no longer sells the GM Major Guard Plan as that plan is now backed by Allied which bought GMAC. Black and a lot of other dealers sell a new plan from Cadillac. The new plan is backed by GM.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
4 Posts
I have 90k on same exact car. No issues. I know another that went 156k with no issues before he traded it in for around $4.5k.

Put that $3k away and use that it if anything happens would be my advise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts