Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my ‘18 Trackhawk on a ‘20 Escalade yesterday. It was bittersweet because I had no intentions of getting rid of the Trackhawk (12mpg on the highway & 10mpg around town sure sucked, lol) but my buddy who is the GM of the Caddy dealer gave me a deal that I honestly have never seen in my life. My Trackhawk had gotten hit on the rear passenger door in a parking lot last weekend—the damage was pretty decent, 2 huge dents and deep scratches. With that damage, my buddy offered me the following;

He would take the Trackhawk (23,500 miles on it) on trade with the damage.
ZERO MONEY DOWN, not a single penny (I get GM employee pricing).
My payment went down $60 a month
Added bonus: I’ll probably save $100 a month in gas, lol

I‘ve never seen a deal like that in the 25 years I‘ve bought cars. I love the Trackhawk but to have a brand new $89K Escalade with all the above, it was foolish not to jump on it.

Now that I’m back in a Caddy, had a few questions—I did use search but couldn’t find anything.

1. Has anyone lowered the 4WD model and kept the stock wheels/tires? How did it ride/handle in the snow? I’m not looking to slam it, just maybe 1” in front & 2“ or 3” in rear to close that terrible gap. Any recommendations on kits or dealers is greatly appreciated.
2. Mine came with the all-weather mats, I’m not impressed. I was going to order Weathertech but wanted to see if anyone was using anything else for all-weather mats.
3. How the hell do I turn off that annoying horn beep if I exit the truck while it’s running with the keys in my pocket?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
88 Posts
Congrats on the Escalade- the 6.2 is no Trackhawk, but it moves the 3 ton beast quite well.

RE- your comment about all weather mats. I've got both the OEM Escalade ones and Weathertech- let's just say the OEM ones are collecting dust in my shed. Weathertechs are great.
Congrats!

Post some pics of the Trackhawk- considering picking up a used JGC for my teen daughter as her first car. I want heavy and slow.....she wants a SUV. JGC might be a nice middle ground!

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the Escalade- the 6.2 is no Trackhawk, but it moves the 3 ton beast quite well.

RE- your comment about all weather mats. I've got both the OEM Escalade ones and Weathertech- let's just say the OEM ones are collecting dust in my shed. Weathertechs are great.
Congrats!

Post some pics of the Trackhawk- considering picking up a used JGC for my teen daughter as her first car. I want heavy and slow.....she wants a SUV. JGC might be a nice middle ground!
Here a few pics of the Trackhawk.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
247 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!
Just to let you know, there are two types of OEM winter mats for the truck.
The first set I purchased were USELESS.
However, last year I bought the other ones (you'll find them on the Cadillac Accessories site), and they are awesome.
Much bigger and and so forth!

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the purchase!
Just to let you know, there are two types of OEM winter mats for the truck.
The first set I purchased were USELESS.
However, last year I bought the other ones (you'll find them on the Cadillac Accessories site), and they are awesome.
Much bigger and and so forth!
Thanks for that suggestion! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette
517 Posts
Is there a way to turn the horn honk off when you exit the vehicle while its running?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts