Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a 3,500 mile trip in my 2014, SRX, performance. I now have a bit over 11,000 miles on the speedometer. We had the air on full time and the vehicle was fully packed. I probably averaged 80 mph, since 3 of the states had a 75 mph limit and the others had a 70 mph limit. I drive right at 8 mph over the speed limit. We got 21.1 mpg figuring it by hand. I never did check what the car info said. I was happy with that mileage considering the speed we drove and the load in the vehicle. I thought it had plenty of pick up and tracked very well for the type of vehicle. There were no problems, no squeaks or rattles and we were comfortable for the long drive.

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
That's about 1 mpg better than I do, but I have the AWD, so if yours is FWD, that'd explain it.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Yes I'm impressed as well with the tight interior. I've never heard rattles or squeaks. I can get 24-25 mpg staying under 75. I do have front wheel drive and make sure pressures are at 34-36 psi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
I've always been happy with mine on the road. I get a little better MPG than you did but it's always just 2 of us and we don't take much luggage.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
Mine gives me around 20 to 21 on the freeway but can be muck lower around town. Over all I get an average of 18 to 18.5 MPG

·
Registered
2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD
351 Posts
Yes, it's tight, quiet, handles well.

No, only 20-21 MPG is an indication of just how much air and rolling resistance is inherent in the design. The other car is a turbo 4-cylinder sedan and gets 30-32 MPG on the same trips. I always feel like I'm tearing up dollars and throwing them out the window when driving the SUV on long trips. The exception is in winter; then it's worth the money.

we were comfortable for the long drive.
Maybe, we have different derrierres. Our seats begin to feel like concrete after twelve hours on them.

jack vines

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a 2013 CTS-V with Recaro seats. Most owners think they are really comfortable, myself included, while a certain percentage think they are way too firm. Seat comfort is not the same from one person to another. Years ago my BIL owned a big Cadillac that had the cushiest, most uncomfortable seats I had ever experienced. He had traded in a BMW 5 series because he hated the seats.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
My main complaint with the car on road trips is the 20 inch Michelins are noisy. I don't remember if they were noisy when new or if they got worse over time. I've still only driven it on the interstate a couple of times. (Had the Avalanche and MKT for road trips and SRX is wife's car). I will probably go with the Pirelli tires next and hope they are less noisy. I may also look into adding some rubberized coating to the wheel wells and anywhere else around that area to try to dampen some tire noise.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My 20" tires aren't noisy yet. I have a bit over 11,000 miles on them and they were rotated in Dec. Tirerack.com has reviews,ratings and surveys of all the tires, from thousand of owners. You might check it for the tires recommended for your vehicle. It will show which tire is quietest,last longer, better in rain/snow,etc. I have been buying tires and wheel/tire combinations from them for well over 20 years. Last set I was going to order was for a G37. One of the places they could ship the tires to, for mounting, was Tire Kingdom. I called the local Tire Kingdom and told them I would buy the tires from them if they matched Tireracks price. They matched the price. You don't have to buy from anywhere in particular, but Tirerack.com is a great place to use their site to compare and evaluate them.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I'll make sure to have service check the wheel bearings next time. I don't think its that, though. We have 28,000 miles on our tires, 38,000 total miles. 1st set had to be replaced after 10,000 miles due to not being able to properly balance them (under warranty thank goodness).

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Strange, past two day drove out to a client about 25 mi. from my home. I did a reset on the MPG as soon as I hit the highway, set cruse to 60. I averaged 28.7 MPG, total of 100 miles. AWD and A/C on. Weird.....

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
The 2014 AWD we did a turbo build on gets 28-32 at 70 MPH with cruise on.....but that goes away as soon as you put your foot in it.

An of the LLT's or LFX's with over 10k miles on them the intake valves will be getting pretty coked up and that will gradually degrade MPG. Anyone that wonders, just take the 5 minutes to remve your intake manifold and look into the intake ports. Valves are right there to see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts