Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who imbibe soft drinks, specifically colas, how do you take them?

My personal preference is very cold but little or no ice and a few lemon slices squeezed in or if they aren’t available, a healthy shot of lemon juice. Brand matters little to me, Coke, Pepsi, RC, Shasta or any off brand will do as I violate the recipe with the lemon.

Any cola drinkers out there? :alchi:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
My personal favourite is Coca Cola, VERY cold, from a can, not a bottle, because in a bottle it loses its fizz very quickley.

I will drink Coke and only Coke :D

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe I've shared this little anecdote here before but I'll share it again.

Around 1977 while still in High School I found myself at USC in a field trip. This was during Pepsi's Taste Test Challenge campaign and they had a few booths set up at the university.

I stepped up when my turn came and being the smart-alec kid that I was, when asked which un-marked cola I preferred I answered; "I like the Coke best." (I was quite the connoisseur and could tell which was which by the taste though I had no preference then either).

The attending student seemed a bit confused and annoyed and said; "But, they aren't marked, you can't tell which one is Coke! Which one do you like best?"

"Coke." while I pointed to the cup containing the Coke. So the guy revealed their identities and of course, I had chosen the Coke. I left him grumbling as I walked away with a triumphant smirk on my impudent face. :cool:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
A Coke drinker can always tell. Pepsi drinkers will drink anything.

Pepsi is like Ford. If it weren't for the Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC sales, they would be flat broke. Without fleet sales, Ford would be hurting.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
LOL!!! Yeah I prefer Coke over Pepsi...and I love Dr. Pepper too. I like it in a glass with a little ice, or from any fast food place, it just tastes slightly different out of a can. I'll still drink it though.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
This One, I Don't Think I Have To Reply To. R/C COLA, OF COURSE. ! No Ice, Just Real Cold And No Lemon, I Prefer It In Glass Over Tin Can & Yes It Does Come In Glass Bottles !

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, so far everyone else here (except DBA-one) seems to prefer Coke, pristine no less.
Am I the only cola-fornicator who desecrates the formula with a foreign substance such as lemon? :p

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Kev said:
Well, so far everyone else here (except DBA-one) seems to prefer Coke, pristine no less.
Am I the only cola-fornicator who desecrates the formula with a foreign substance such as lemon? :p
Coke for me, but if they serve it with a lemon, great. If not, I won't loose sleep.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Kev said:
I only like Coke in the glass bottle. In any other form I just dn't care for it much. I used to be a big soda drinker. Now I have a bottle of sprite in the fridge that last a good while. I'm a verteran of the cola wars so go easy on me.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Whatever I drink I'll drink out of the can or bottle. I like Mt Dew Code Red, Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Cherry Vanilla, Vanilla Coke, Mug, Barqs or A&W

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of late I have been drinking mostly water. I haven't had too much soda pop in the last 6 months but last Saturday I got a few snacks for my office and among them was a 12 pack of Shasta cola along with a bottle of lemon juice.

That afternoon/evening I downed three of those suckers! They just went down so smooth! Since then I've had two more (I don't want to go an a soda binge!). They seem to taste better in a glass too.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts

Pepsi is like Ford. If it weren't for the Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC sales, they would be flat broke. Without fleet sales, Ford would be hurting.
Yeah yeah. Even I remember when Coke was so desperate that they had to pull the "New Coke" marketing ploy just to get people to drink Coke again. Pepsi dominated the Cola Wars. The only reason Coke is still around is because you can't get Pepsi at McDonalds:rolleyes:

Coke tastes so bland anyway. The only way I can drink it is if its Cherry Coke...

Pepsi, on the other hand, always tastes good, whether it be original, cherry, or my favorite- Pepsi Twist (Pepsi with Lemon already in it:cool2: )

But, the best soft drink is Dr. Pepper:cool2:, and my favorite is that limited-run Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper they had. I also liked Red Fusion, but they stopped making it...

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Elvis said:
Right-o, Elvis. I'm a die-hard Coke drinker, although I had to switch to Diet Coke a few years ago.

When I order a Diet Coke at a restaurant and the server says, "is Pepsi OK?" my usual response is "No, what else do you have?"

I usually drink my Diet Coke straight out of the can. For some inexplicable reason, I won't drink beer out of a can—only longneck bottles.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Im the worlds biggest soft-drink aficionado, with Coke being my favorite, followed by Dr Pepper and Sprite... however, I will be the first to admit that these drinks are the number one WORST and most empty kind of calories one can possibly intake... thus ive started the hard and agonizing turn to Diet... and heres the crazy thing...

After drinking diet sodas for about 2 weeks, the taste actually becomes less like battery acid and more like regular cola...

Now.. heres the even CRAZIER thing... when it comes to DIET colas, DIET PEPSI FAR outweighs Diet Coke. Diet Pepsi has more cola flavor than Diet coke does. It finishes better.

If you really want to maintain the coke taste however, Coke Zero is quite a surprisingly good product. Unfortunately I wont drink it because its not available in enough places yet to successfully keep me weened off the regular Coke since it gets you used to the regular coke flavor again.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts