Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it today..

that GM will get try to get rid of the 6 speed manual... They are cutting back.. I just got wind of it a little while ago

4-May-0915626DN69&MN6CTS-V (6DN69) With MN6 Manual Transmission1%SLESS Than 4 WeeksCorporate Decision

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Hey Scott, i'm guessing they will make their decision prior to accepting orders for the 2010's than...to figure if they should involve the 6spd manuals in the production line.

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Makes sense. Very few people want a big sedan with a manual. It helps to keep cost down by reducing the variations of options.

·
Registered
Cts-v (on order) Red, Black interior, 6mt
57 Posts
When this car inevitably becomes a classic, or even shortly down the road if us 6MT guys are trying to sell our cars, i would imagine the fact that they will be so rare will make them worth quite a bit more then the autos for those perspective buyers looking for the manuals.

Just glad i ordered my car when i did, it has to be one of the last 09's being built, i could never let myself drive this car with an auto transmission, thats what AMG's are for.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Makes sense. Very few people want a big sedan with a manual. It helps to keep cost down by reducing the variations of options.
Well, guess I have to beg to differ with ya on this one. The v2 is NOT a, "big sedan", as per a crown vic, or something like that. To me it's more like a compact sedan, (even though it IS kind of heavy), and with the handling and power this car has, the manual tranny fits, and works, very well, as does the auto. It's part of what makes the v2 a very, very special car indeed!

Rob

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Just glad i ordered my car when i did, it has to be one of the last 09's being built, i could never let myself drive this car with an auto transmission, thats what AMG's are for.
Just believe me when I tell you the automagic tranny is pretty good. I expect it to be better if I do one of Jesse's tunes.

You are right, though.....the residual value of the manny tranny is definitely going to be high among enthusiasts.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
When this car inevitably becomes a classic, or even shortly down the road if us 6MT guys are trying to sell our cars, i would imagine the fact that they will be so rare will make them worth quite a bit more then the autos for those perspective buyers looking for the manuals.
Sorry for the threadjack, but I have to respond to this.

Are you serious? People with the V1 and the LS6 were saying the same thing when they replaced it with the LS2. What happened to the value? Still dropped like a rock.

Face it, it takes 20 years for a car to become a classic....if it even happens at all. Are you planning on holding onto it for that long?

On a related note, I just was watching Barret Jackson on Friday. A brand new 2002 Ford Thunderbird with 4 miles (yes 4) on the clock sold for 29k. Sticker? 47k and the buyer probably paid more than that since they were selling over sticker on release. Granted, the new Thunderbird was a turd, but still. Moral of the story? Cars are normally not good investments.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In response, im 18, if i keep the car for twenty years like you said ill only be 38, i dont see why i wouldnt keep it assuming i dont go broke. I cant see myself selling that car in the forseeable future.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ya if you want one with a manual transmission, you better make sure to make an order before the '10 model comes out just to be safe. It may be the last of this generations manual V's

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is funny nothing is showing on the manual or the wi-fi on the CTS-V... On the info I have.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
18, and your daddy has 60K plus for your starter car, can I move in ?

Damn, the insurance must be 5K a year !

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Yea you better have some serious tracking expeirance under your belt to handle the tq of the V2 at your age. And dont' tell me that you're "mature" at that age you just dont have the general expierance to understand the limitations of a sports vehicle and the best way to learn the limits w/out going into a ditch.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
In response, im 18, if i keep the car for twenty years like you said ill only be 38, i dont see why i wouldnt keep it assuming i dont go broke. I cant see myself selling that car in the forseeable future.
Trust me, you won't keep it. There will always be cars that come out in future years that will be better cars that you will want. Bank it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts