Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

This is my first post,wow..there really aren`t too many of this kinda Fleetwood LT-1-forums,unfortunately.So it`s nice to get a chance to share information/experiences when it comes to these "last American style Cadillacs". I`m probably the only member living in Europe? So I live in in Scandinavia(Northern-Europe) in a small country called Finland. I used to live in the States in the 70`s (have some cousins in Florida) and already then I realized that some day day I`ll purchase a real Cadillac. I did it last summer by buying one of the nicest RWD LT-1 Fleetwoods. It`s a blue Fleetwood Brougham with only 59 000 miles on it. It`s absolutely in show-room condition and sleeping nicely in my garage(I won`t drive it now when it`s winter). I found that there are only 4 of these 94-96 Fleetwood in the whole country. Based on my knowledge, these RWD v8 sedans(Roadmaster,Impala SS and Fleetwood)are/or are getting pretty rare even there in the States, so I`m really trying to save a part of the true American car history. I have a BMW 540i as a second car,but I just got to say that there`s nothing like Cadillac "the one and only" Fleetwood.
TheOnly major problem is that because they don`t import too many American cars( except Voyager,300M,Chevy Lumina,Caddy Seville and Corvette)here in Finland, I have to order almost all the parts needes for eg.service from the States,which isn`t too cheap..But it`s worth of it, `cause there`s nothing like a big, real RWD luxury sedan with a real v8 engine. I just keep wondering why they(GM) stopped manufacturing these cars...Well, at least I have managed to save one of the last whailers:)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Welcome aboard!
We have a few european member but regardless of where your from im sure youll have fun here!
Wait till you see some of the fleetwoods on this site youll probably want to breathe slowly into a brown paper bag, its ok thats normal!

Again welcome!

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
bernie said:
Hi guys!

I did it last summer by buying one of the nicest RWD LT-1 Fleetwoods. It`s a blue Fleetwood Brougham with only 59 000 miles on it. It`s absolutely in show-room condition and sleeping nicely in my garage(I won`t drive it now when it`s winter). I found that there are only 4 of these 94-96 Fleetwood in the whole country.
Nice Car! :cool:

Welcome aboard.

After reading your post, maybe I should have left my car stock.

NAHHHHHH!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the support:) Sometimes I really need some patience when 1 of every 5 people on a parking lot/gas station comes to me and asks the same question: "this car just has to have one of the worst fuel consumption ever"..Damn..Actually I`ve noticed that my Caddy goes easily 25 mpg(highway),which is better than my brother`s `95 Audi A6 Wagon with 2.8 liter v6 engine equipped with manual gearbox(23 mpg) :crybaby: Eventhough Fleetwood is probably a bit heavier :halo:
Yes,I`ll try to get some pictures of my baby as soon as possible.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
bernie said:
Thanks for the support:) Sometimes I really need some patience when 1 of every 5 people on a parking lot/gas station comes to me and asks the same question: "this car just has to have one of the worst fuel consumption ever"..Damn..Actually I`ve noticed that my Caddy goes easily 25 mpg(highway),which is better than my brother`s `95 Audi A6 Wagon with 2.8 liter v6 engine equipped with manual gearbox(23 mpg) :crybaby: Eventhough Fleetwood is probably a bit heavier :halo:
Yes,I`ll try to get some pictures of my baby as soon as possible.

I hear that all the time when people see my '93 too, and I can't help but laugh! When I tell them that I easily get 25mpg, they're shocked to say the least...and this is a car that could run over most everything else out there, all the while with a silky and plush feel to it!

That's why my dad loves these cars and they were the only thing he thought of when looking for a new car last October. Why bother jamming yourself in some little sardine can with a lawn mower engine for good fuel economy....when you can have a big V8, miles of space, and similar mileage?

'93-'93 Fleetwoods are so rare in the states, I can't even imagine the looks you get in Finland!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts