Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
None of us ever will.
 

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
Joined
·
433 Posts
JerseyGirl said:
I have not forgotten the heros of 9-11!
:(
Me Neither...

I was at Ground Zero a few weeks ago. It was so surreal. It was so quiet, and it was the middle of Manhattan. There was a ton of people there, but it was just really quiet... Really got to me...

I'll always remember 9-11 and the heroes it created... :worship:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
I too, was at ground zero but I went about 6 months after it happened. Like Bill said, the one thing that really surprised me was how quiet it was there. The whole thing is such a shame. It does however show how complacent this country has become. And it's also a shame that the way everyone pulled together as a people after the incident didn't last long. :(
3000 people shouldn't have to be slaughtered by a foriegn group before our country pulls together as one. It kind of reminds me of how people are at Christmas. A shame it doesn't last.
The worst part of the whole thing is how the country has been taken advantage of by our Government ever since 9/11. The fact that there are a couple Americans killed everyday over in Iraq in the name of "The War Against Terrorism" is something we should NOT continue to allow.
 

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Katshot said:
The fact that there are a couple Americans killed everyday over in Iraq in the name of "The War Against Terrorism" is something we should NOT continue to allow.
That pisses me off to no end! Everyday I turn on the news and another soldier is dead! That is such BS! :mad: I think more have died now than at the beginning of the war.
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
I ain't been up to NY yet but I did go to the Oklahoma memorial. It was very quiet. It takes a lot for me to get teary eyes but when I saw the little crosses for the childrens I couldn't hold back my tears.
 

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Katshot said:
The worst part of the whole thing is how the country has been taken advantage of by our Government ever since 9/11. The fact that there are a couple Americans killed everyday over in Iraq in the name of "The War Against Terrorism" is something we should NOT continue to allow.
The war and the Patriot act.. they make it even worse than it would've been anyway. :(
 

·
Banned
Cadillac
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
I too, was at ground zero but I went about 6 months after it happened. Like Bill said, the one thing that really surprised me was how quiet it was there. The whole thing is such a shame. It does however show how complacent this country has become. And it's also a shame that the way everyone pulled together as a people after the incident didn't last long. :(
3000 people shouldn't have to be slaughtered by a foriegn group before our country pulls together as one. It kind of reminds me of how people are at Christmas. A shame it doesn't last.
The worst part of the whole thing is how the country has been taken advantage of by our Government ever since 9/11. The fact that there are a couple Americans killed everyday over in Iraq in the name of "The War Against Terrorism" is something we should NOT continue to allow.
Terrible thing. I think that will be remembered as the JFK "event" of our generation, ie. we will all remember what we were doing that day. I just found out that the twin towers were Canadian owned, (the Rickman brothers) sp? and they didn't have insurance, so they lost millions. Of course I know that does not compare to lives lost, just some info.

Have you noticed that it seems Iraq needed Sadam because only he could really control his people? I mean, even with the U.S. there, and after the war, there is still such kaos. It seems ironic (when you think about it) but the people there were peaceful under a "terror" dictator!? I think there will always be terrorism, it's not something that can be stopped, they are already among us. Every day on the news, political correctness is taking priority over security it seems. (here anyway) Muslems, etc. are complaining in airports that they are being "taken aside" and questioned. They are also crying racism!!? I'm sorry, but to have good security, one has to "target" the current "hot group" IMO and throw curtesy right out the damn window! There can be no such thing as racism when it comes to homeland security. I don't expect anyone to "touch this" as it is a pretty hot statement?! That is all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
The "post-war" body count surpassed the number sustained during the "actual" war a couple weeks ago. Sad, very sad.
All this is just a smoke screen for Bush and the rest of the damn politicians to be able to spend whatever they want. They use patriotism and the "War on Terror" like a tool against us, and we bend over and let them. How can anyone be stupid enough to buy into a "War against Terrorism"? Terrorism is not a tangable thing that you can hold, stop, or control. They might as well say they're going to wage a "War on Hatred". Or a "War on Evil". There is NO WAY that something like that can ever have a decisive victory because those things are are just a belief or a feeling inside a person, and virtually everyone is capable of them.
 

·
Banned
Cadillac
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Agreed. Also on the news is the term "U.S. Occupation!" I think that term is negative because how many times have we heard the words "Nazi Occupation in Europe", etc. I cannot believe that Iraq is costing the U.S. 1 billion a day!!

I have a couple of ideas for eliminating "terrorism" let me run them by you all. 1. For any new immigrants comming to North America to make it their home, or even for a temporary stay, assign them a magnetic barr card. This card would be essential for purchasing any goods or services, ie. filling up your car with gas, purchasing groceries, etc. In fact if you want to go further, everyone who has had a security check (everyone!) would be issued a card, and if you have no card=no goods or services!! Meaning if one does not have a card, they are not "security cleared" or they are an illegal migrant or immigrant, or they don't pay their taxes, etc. I think in the near future they will be implanting "chips" in people to carry all personal data, and when you purchase something, you do not pay at the counter, simply walk through the scanners in the store. Medical info can be digitized on them, as well as all past personal history of migration, etc. I realize this is a step beyond "personal privacy" but I fear it may be necessary to have a "clean and safe" nation for security purposes. Not to mention an astronomical cost to implement. (certainly cheaper than 1 billion per day!?)

2. There are more and more nucleur powerplants in NA, and these could be a prime target for terrorism. Assign at least one Apache attack helicopter, and/ or ground to air missles at each nucleur facillity. Do not allow air travel over or near these facilities. (they made mention of something like this on the news)

3. Pull out our troops from Germany, France, etc who have been there since WW2, as there is probably no reason to have them there anymore, and have them in the homeland (U.S. and Canada) as there may be a homeland emergency where they will be needed to keep peace, etc. Because as we all know, the police alone cannot always control or handle a large riot situation. The police cannot be everywhere and do everything. (The L.A. riots in 1991 proved this)
 

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
So to put it mildly I don't think the whole idea in #1 is gonna fly. And #2 aren't nuclear power plants designed to take the hit of an aircraft? The real problem with them would be a ground team of >6 or so armed terrorists overpowering the 2 or 3 guards there. As for #3, why not just say use the national guard in a serious riot or something like that.
 

·
Banned
Cadillac
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
davesdeville said:
So to put it mildly I don't think the whole idea in #1 is gonna fly. And #2 aren't nuclear power plants designed to take the hit of an aircraft? The real problem with them would be a ground team of >6 or so armed terrorists overpowering the 2 or 3 guards there. As for #3, why not just say use the national guard in a serious riot or something like that.
I'm not sure about the nuke plants and what they are able to withstand, but on the news they seemed to be concerned. As for the National Guard (Malisha in Canada or reserves) you probably have enough in the states, but in Canada, I think our entire military personnel comprises only 35,000 troops! For population control of 30 million people, that's spread pretty thin. I would like to see the first idea fly, and I think we have to be more discriminatory to stop terrorists in their tracks. I'm glad they are getting a little more sneaky (up here) because the Govt. advertised for a job for Muslem speaking (Arabic) job that pays well on the internet to get people to sign up. Here's the kicker, there was no job, it was to check out a lot of people. So there is more concern, and such a large border between the US and Canada, it is difficult to monitor every mile.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top