Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got a 2007/8? acura tl type s . Just to comment, I really wish the V's interior was as quality looking and feeling as the acuras. High quality trim pieces and a very well put together interior, it is also pretty quick and comes in a 6spd and auto with paddle shift. Definetly a car to consider in btwn say end of this year (when I may get rid of my car) and buying the 2009 V (my future future car). But I still love my VVVVVVVV

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Cadillac has basically kept the same design to the inside of the car since it was introduced on 04. Some of the newer vehicles coming out definately have better interiors. However we get our upgrade in tech and interior with the 09 release in about one year.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Some of the reasons I bought my V instead either an Accura or a Lexus was the absence of high tech gadgets (I only have the NAV because I could not take it off) and the simple utilitarian interior. I just hope Caddillac does not saddle future V's with several thousand dollars worth of interior upgrades that have nothing to do with performance and, in my opinion, very little to with day-to-day creature comfort.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
^ agree...

I've had sick cars that are "pretty" inside and with tons of bells and whistles that I could care less about at the end of the day. Most of the pretty stuff brakes just like the ugly stuff...

It's all good...I tend to look for the functional clean CF look rather than the cherry wood wrapped in gold trim...

my .02...

Chef

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Show vs. Go, make a choice and be happy with it.
The V while not stunning on the inside, will satisfy my most primal need for speed.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Just have to say NO to FWD and Slushbox.

-Chris

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
90 Posts
My car before my V was a 2005 Acura TL. The interior was beautiful but after only a year, the silver accent strips began flaking at the corners and the dash had faded around the square passenger airbag. I take tremendous care of my cars and it was really annoying, nothing seemed to help. (This is a fairly common problem)

That said... the Acura was a really nice car and for the price, it was very hard to dislike. (Supposedly the 07/08 models are less likely to fade).

I prefer the more durable albeit plainer interior of the V... but the Acura was a stunner. (I do wish the V had ambient lighting though) :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
My car before my V was a 2005 Acura TL. The interior was beautiful but after only a year, the silver accent strips began flaking at the corners and the dash had faded around the square passenger airbag. I take tremendous care of my cars and it was really annoying, nothing seemed to help. (This is a fairly common problem)

That said... the Acura was a really nice car and for the price, it was very hard to dislike. (Supposedly the 07/08 models are less likely to fade).

I prefer the more durable albeit plainer interior of the V... but the Acura was a stunner. (I do wish the V had ambient lighting though) :)

Similar story.....My best friend had a the TL...05, I believe as well,...after 1 year the thing literally started to fall apart in side. Speaker covers rattled....odd plastic pieces breaking...not impressive.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
90 Posts
Yep, the constant rattles along with a major transmission problem at my 30K service finally ended my love affair with my TL.

Then while looking for possible replacements, I came across some V's... test drove one... was hooked ... and traded out of my TL. My only fear was the mpg, but actually since I don't have to beat on my V to go fast, my mileage is almost identical to my TL (in everyday driving). :) (V = ~17.5 to ~18.5, TL = ~18 to ~19)

The TL (especially the new TL-S) looks really nice, A+ Honda.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'm holding out hope that the 2009 V has real Carbon Fiber trim on the dash, and not the "faux" stuff in the base '08 CTS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts