Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm deep into bringing my V back to fighting trim, the trans is off to Texas drivetrain for overhaul, and tonight two new rear lower control arms are due in

I got several used V parts from a wrecked V including some almost new motor mounts. The two that were there were shot and leaking. Well, I don't have to tell some of you what a chore replacing those babies is. Got them in and thought: Done and dusted. Well, I stopped at the local dealer to check on when I will be in their que for the fuel pump recall, and the kindly service rep pulled up the service history on the car. The motor mounts had been replaced 3 TIMEs over the course of the 94k miles, once under warranty. The last time was at 84k, a little over a year ago. So, I expect I'll be calling CS in a few months.

I did find that the car had seen very regular service, and had some pretty expensive repairs done. Under warranty, the camshaft was replaced. Not sure what that was about but that was early in the car's life, so I expect a lifter tray cracked and a lifter rotated.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V and 06 CTS
69 Posts
When I bought my V, it said under the service records that the motor mounts had been replaced at a cadillac dealership about 8 months prior and they were already shot and the car had only been driven around 8k miles. I will be replacing them with UMI motor mounts soon.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
You put used stock mounts in your car? Am I reading that right?

Save yourself the frustration in a few months and replace them now while you are waiting for your trans. The OEM motor mounts are absolute garbage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts