Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Yesterday I had to jump start my 01 Seville STS, so I went under the hood and connected the cables just as the manual said.

Then started the donor car and let it run for a minute. Tried to start the Seville. Nothing. Zip.

I then pulled out the back seat and went straight to the battery and connected it up. Bingo! Started first go.

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Cheers!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,116 Posts
Cable connections at the body ground (under the rear seat) and at the positive end of the underhood fuse/relay box.

........... or poor jumper connections at the underhood connectors.

When you connected the underhood jumpers and turned the key ON, what was the voltage readout in the DIC ? With another car connected/running it should have been over 13.6 volts, preferably 14.2+.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I had the Seville up and running, the DIC readout was 14.2 whilst idling. During driving it is (usually) 14.6 Volts

I drove the car for an hour or so with no problems.

I agree that the cables were difficult to connect directly to the battery as there isn't much room under there. Much easier under the hood, but I'm just glad I got it running. Of course these things always happen when you need to be somewhere !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts