1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
OH MY GOD

He has been emailed and upon his responses, i am going to New Mexico. That is all there is to it. If its what it appears to be, i am not letting it slip through my fingers. I cant believe this! 1 of 55! Im almost speachless. And i have the biggest shit-eating grin on my face right now!

This is what i asked him:

"Hello. I am VERY interested in your car if you can please answer a few questions for me. Is the interior green? If so, can you email me pictures of it. Second, is that the original color? If not, was it originally green? Third, is that the original top? If not, was the original light green?

What is the reserve set around?

If you can email me some more detailed pictures, i may just fly out there and buy your car outright. I have been looking for a green '85 Coupe for over 2 years."

IF it turns out this thing is in fact Sage Green, this will probably be a one in a lifetime opportunity. I will do ANYTHING to get it.

The hydraulics would be disposed of first thing. Along with the white top.

Thank you sooooo much Chad! You just made my day! :highfive: :bouncy:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you sooooo much Chad! You just made my day! :highfive: :bouncy:

Hey no problem! I'm kinda surprised I beat you to it.

Remember, I'm the man who found Benzilla his dream ride too, that '79 Phaeton. I found it the same way too, browsing through Ebay's Fleetwood section.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
WAWAWEEWA!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hard to tell, but it looks as though it's got a dark green interior.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I know it doesn't compare but here's an '83 all matching (I think) Sage Coupe. Also only 28K miles. But it MUST be an '85 to qualify right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Coupe-Deville-California-Car-No-rust-Beauty_W0QQitemZ270142779628QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6146QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-Greg
Ive seen that one before. Its Loden Green i believe. Also its a Deville. I want an '85 Brougham Coupe in Sage Green, 1 of 55. I think Chad may have found it. Im still waiting on the details though...

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Wow! I'm excited for you, Jonas! Thanks to chad, I know how you felt when you opened that link. One of the best feeling in the world. After I saw mine, I couldn't talk for a few minutes... like, at all.... I had to go outside.... yes, I'm obsessed.

We need to give Chad some kind of award or something, he's like a Cadillac pimp!

I hope you kept a Sage Coupe fund available for times like this.

Now, what would you do if I got to it first, then video taped it in a demo derby? hmmm.....

:D

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Wow! I'm excited for you, Jonas! Thanks to chad, I know how you felt when you opened that link. One of the best feeling in the world. After I saw mine, I couldn't talk for a few minutes... like, at all.... I had to go outside.... yes, I'm obsessed.

We need to give Chad some kind of award or something, he's like a Cadillac pimp!

I hope you kept a Sage Coupe fund available for times like this.

Now, what would you do if I got to it first, then video taped it in a demo derby? hmmm.....

:D

I would hunt you down and burn your Phaeton to ground and piss on the ashes! Heh, j/k.

I do not have a fund, but my Dad realizes the rarity of the car and knows how nuts i am about it. He says that if i do indeed find out that it is a GENUINE '85 Sage Coupe, that he would help me buy it and get it to Florida.

Im still awaiting more details from the seller...

And as for the hydros, i would rock them for a bit,and then take them off and sell them. the car would be restored to new condition, over a LONG period of time.

I kinda dont know what to do with myself right now!

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
lol, I would not blame you.

It's good that you have people that care enough to acknowledge how much this infamous Fleetwood means to you, and have the cash to show it.

I forgot to check where it is right now, but I can almost guarantee it will be easier than getting one Form California to Tennessee. That was $1,000 alone, if that gives you any idea for yours.

I know how you feel, even though it's basically a big piece of steel sitting hundreds of miles away, it has the ability to make the right full grown man feel giddy as a school girl.

I really hope it all works out. :)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Wow, wanna trade dads? The only reason I got the '76 DeVille was because he said no and I got it anyway.......
Speaking of you... I was gonna make a new thread, but I guess I'll post it here.

Everyday I pass on my way to work an '87 or '88 Brougham d'Elegance, same red color as yours, but with a white vinyl top, and same red leather interior.... car is in really nice shape... sign says $3500. I was gonna get some pictures of it.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
I hope you're gonna remove the hydrualics and restore it to it's former glory.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep looking out for a Slate Bronze '93 Coupe ;)
Mmmk. How many were made again?

An automotive match maker perhaps? Sure, I can't find myself a decent chick, but I can sure as hell set friends up with their dream cars! lol

Or in return, you can both team up, pitch your money together and buy me that Mark IV I've always longed for. Preferably in either black or white, with a white/beige/tan leather interior. I like 1976's the most. Or a Bill Blass Edition. :D :D

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

An automotive match maker perhaps? Sure, I can't find myself a decent chick, but I can sure as hell set friends up with their dream cars! lol

Or in return, you can both team up, pitch your money together and buy me that Mark IV I've always longed for. Preferably in either black or white, with a white/beige/tan leather interior. I like 1976's the most. Or a Bill Blass Edition. :D :D
I remember Rick saying something along the lines of 112 of his Coupes made.

If i ever get rich, i will get you your Mark IV.

Notice that Coupe has a sunroof? Maybe an original Astroroof!? If it turns out its an original Sage coupe with the factory Astroroof? Damn, it be maybe 1 of a handful. Let alone being 1 of 55.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I think Chad's an automotive yenta.

And in that spirit, I've slightly rewritten the lyrics from Hello, Dolly!

Hello, Caddy
This is Chad, Caddy
There’s this guy who’s quite obsessed with Sage Green coupes
You’re looking swell, Caddy
I can tell, Caddy
You’re still floatin’, you’re still boatin’
Down the road
He wants you bad, Caddy
He’ll fix you up, Caddy
Caddy, he'll never let you get away

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts

Ya know I saw one for sale the other day and I think it was white too. I'm pretty sure it was like $1,000 OBO but I was in no condition to remember where the **** I was let alone what I was doing there.......

1 - 20 of 144 Posts