Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you belong to a BMW or other forum that only own a V? Well, I invite you all to join m3forum.net with me. Here is a thread i recently responded to. Suggesting a G35? A330i? No one was suggesting the Caddy, WHY NOT?? I did! :)

Lets get the V recommendations on the BMW forums!

buying M3 & have doubts Hello all this is my first post and probably the most important one i will have b/c it will determine whether i get this M3 or not so help me out please. I found a 2001 M3 Dark grey with black leather interior fully loaded for 29,000 w/82xxx miles. I went drove it today and it drove very nice. My biggest concern is putting myself in this hole and then the car starts to give me problems. Oh i forgot to mention that one of the sensors on the car(02 i think) is messed up so it starts kind of rough and for about a minute, before it levels off, the rpm's jump up and down. They said it would be fixed along with new tires before my purchase but i dont know. What do you guys think? is this car worth it? i need this car to last me without costing me too much extra other than routine maintenance and gas. how long do these cars last?120,000/150,000/200,000miles? any help at all would be appreciated b/c the car is absolutely beautiful and my first instinct is to jump on it but my more controlled side tells me to wait. please respond with your thoughts. the dealer also posted the car on ebay so if you guys want to check it out there the item number is 4599697941.

thanks in advance
andres

My post

Too many miles on the car, unless you have bank to fix problems when they arrise. You'd be smarter to spend closer to 40k and get a lower mile car.

If that isn't in your range, are there any other cars you'd consider? Go drive the V. Yes, I'm reffering to the Caddy. M3 performance, more luxury, more torque great style and will waste almost anything on the road.

·
Registered
261 Posts
arr0gant said:
M3 performance, more luxury, more torque great style and will waste almost anything on the road.
M3 performance? M3 performance? :hmm: Are you insinuating that the V only performs up to M3 standards? :histeric: Please........... let's be realistic here, "M5 performance" sounds more appropriate. (the V8 version of course). :stirpot:

Thanks for the invite, I may pop on over there from time to time. Happy New Year !

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having fun trolling other Forums. So nice to see all of the positive comments about the V. It really is well-respected.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115673&page=2&highlight=cts-v
"First of all, the CTS-V is a Cadillac, not a Chevy (yes, I know they're both GM, but that's not the point). Second, I can't beleive you're comparing a Legacy GT to a CTS-V. Nothing against the Legacy, as its a nice quick car, but holy cow man, that's like a Honda owner going "yeah, my Accord is comparable to a Mercedes, and it costs less"

(note, I'm not a domestic fanboy either, but some of these comments are just plain stupid)

The CTS-V is a beast of a car, same engine as the C5 Z06 (400hp). I got to test drive one recently, great interior and insane power. It's often advertised as "America's M5, at 2/3 the cost".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts