1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORBES MAGAZINE.....a Conservative Republican magazine

Jobs Up, Real Wages Down
Dan Ackman, 05.06.05, 10:22 AM ET

NEW YORK - Job numbers were up across the board, the U.S. Labor Department announced today as non-farm payrolls for April added 274,000 workers compared with March. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.2%. Job growth was widespread, with gains in construction, mining and several service-providing industries.

While wages rose slightly--average hourly earnings of production or nonsupervisory workers rose by 5 cents in April to $16--this figure is not likely to be enough to keep pace with inflation. Despite job growth and productivity gains, for most workers real incomes have not increased.

The number of unemployed people stayed the same at 7.7 million. A year ago, the jobless rate was 5.5%. But the growth of the number of workers characterized as not in the labor force (not looking for work) has outpaced the gains in employment. The number of long-term unemployed--those unemployed 27 weeks and longer--was about unchanged over the month. This group accounted for 21.2% of the unemployed, the Labor Department said.

The best news is that total non-farm payrolls continued to rise substantially, following gains of 300,000 in February and 146,000 in March (based on figures revised upward).

The job news reflects the recent headlines, including troubles at Ford Motor (nyse: F - news - people ) and General Motors (nyse: GM - news - people ), as the auto production industry lost 2,900 jobs--even while car dealers and parts sellers added 6,000. The construction boom seen in the surge of companies like Pulte Homes (nyse: PHM - news - people ) and Toll Brothers (nyse: TOL - news - people ) led to substantial employment gains. Real estate services added another 8,800 jobs. The mining industry added 8,000 jobs, probably reflecting a bit of a shift toward coal as oil prices have increased.

Nearly one-fifth of the new jobs (47,000) were in construction. The leisure and hospitality sector gained the most jobs, with 58,000 added, including 35,000 in food services and drinking places. Professional and business services added 17,800 jobs. Government added 18,000 workers, mostly at the local level.

Employment edged up in arts, entertainment and recreation by 16,000. The health care sector added 25,000. Employment in manufacturing was little changed, staying at 14.3 million in April. Retail added 24,000 workers, and the movie business payroll grew by 9,800.

Joblessness among the most-watched demographics did not change much. Adult men faced a 4.4% rate, and adult women fared just slightly worse at 4.6%. Blacks faced the highest unemployment at 10.4%, and the rate for Hispanics was 6.4%. The Labor Department added that the rate for Asians--a group not listed in the primary tables--was the lowest of all at 3.9%.

Real earnings are reported separately. But over the last 13 months, average earnings adjusted for inflation have fallen nine times, despite the added jobs and boosts in employment. The modest wage gains reported today also do not keep pace with even modest inflation.
Yawn.....another Bush failure. The only "accomplishment" the Chimp Mis-administration has had, according to its lemmings, is pissing of Libs and beating Democrats in elections. Whoop-dee-doo. Intellectually bankrupt with no tangile accomplishments. Hate and revenge are not progressive policies and will prove the undoing of the GOP.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
The left will never be happy, which is why people don't listen to them anymore.
I couldn't have said it better.

Liberals always seem so down and out when it comes to the U.S. And whenever there's a problem, you almost ALWAYS see them join the "Blame America First" crowd. Kerry was one of them, you could never see him crack a REAL smile. It was always so forced. And people pick up on things like that.

Liberals think the best has passed and that we're on a downward spiral, while Republicans think the best is yet to come. And people like the confident Republicans, thats why WE win elections, and the Dems don't...:highfive:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blame America First? Keep you delision and you Hate because you need it to validate your existence. Things are crap right now as a direct result of GOP policies. Hey, you're not adult enough to live in reality. Your weakness, not ours.

·
Registered
290 Posts
He He He, The republicans win two of the last four Prez elections and he thinks the Democrates have never won.
Also, I am a member of the "Evil Left" as you would call it. I feel that the best is yet to come in America, If i didnt feel that way I would leave. I do belive that when something is wrong with our country we do need to blame ourselves, then fix whatever the problem is. It does not do anygood to dwell on it.
Scourge, The Democrates lost the last two elections. Kerry sucked. I knew we would lose as soon as the moneyed left(read hienz) stole the primary. How else did Kerry "all of a sudden" jump to the front of the poll numbers. Everybody knew we really wanted Edwards. Just toss some ketchup money around and put your hubby in front. I just about puked when John Kerry got up in the convention and said "I'm john Kerry and I'm reporting for duty" :helpless: Gore didnt have the balls to fight for the election, And Kerry sucked. I myself don't see any good coming from running around and calling Prez Bush a chimp, or continueing to insult people like HRS. Bantering back and forth is one thing, or joking around. That is why I put the sarcastic smilie after I make statment that they might take the wrong way.
People from the right are going to believe what they will, We on the left need to look at our own party and see what we can do to bring it back. We have allowed ourselves to be pulled to far to the left. Time to get it right or people like me will have to go to the other side.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
People from the right are going to believe what they will, We on the left need to look at our own party and see what we can do to bring it back. We have allowed ourselves to be pulled to far to the left. Time to get it right or people like me will have to go to the other side.
Which is exactly what me and HRS have been trying to tell scourge all along. The Party (as a whole) sucks. With idealouges like Dean, Moore, and Feinstein having such influence, its no wonder they lose elections.

Clinton did win elections, but it was because he was from Arkansas:p.
j/k, he won though because back then the democrats weren't so somber and depressed. When Clinton smiled, you knew it was genuine. When he went on Arsenio Hall and played the saxophone, you knew he was "new blood" and would make the office of president much more modern and hip, like JFK did.

But after him, things went downhill. Gore was a pansy who might as well have been a robot with human flesh, he was so souless, while GWB was big cowboy, always smiling, real friendly guy that you would love to know in real life. He won. Then, the dems put up Kerry, who was, as Deep Sleep said above, a sucky candidate. And once again, even with his approval ratings quite low, GWB still managed to win.

Blame America First? Keep you delision and you Hate because you need it to validate your existence. Things are crap right now as a direct result of GOP policies. Hey, you're not adult enough to live in reality. Your weakness, not ours.
I don't hate the left scourge. I truly feel sorry for them, because I know there are some good people in that party that are getting fed up with the ultra-liberals who have turned the party from being the poor mans, working mans, farmers party to the baby killing, gay marriage, welfare whores party.

And some of them lost it and turned on you. People like Zell Miller, who had been a Democrat FOREVER, finally just lost it and came over to our side.

I truly believe that if the Dems didn't support abortion so strongly, the could really win elections. It seems to be their achilles heel though...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the Left? Some people on the Right are still living in the 1970s and 1980s beating off to Red Dawn. Vietnam is OVER and it was a LOST CAUSE from day one...period. The anti-war protestors were RIGHT and Nixon sackriders were WRONG. Fact.

Now, having said that ben, there is a lot more during the 1970s that you are quite unaware of. Even Conservatives, like Bill Buckley, were sucked into BS ideas during that time. Familiarize with two concepts - The Blank Slate & The Noble Savage during that time period. Those two militant concepts were a reaction by the racist GOP/Conservatives of the time. Both were wrong then and both are wrong now. I could bore you with details, but knowledge is more rewarding when gained on your own.

You're still living in the 1970s thinking that the militant reactionairies still represent the Left mainstream of today. Not true. As for abortion, you're quite young and naive and fail to realize that the struggle is not about the fetus and never was. It's about State power over women. Being a (White?) male who never lived in oppressive times, you are quite ignorant of what it really means to be free....as am I. What anti-freedom zealots fail to reallize is that no one is PRO-abortion. In fact, pro-choice advocates in the US absoultely oppose China's enforced abortions as a matter of State power/policy.

As for gay marriage, that is a non-issue that idiots get hung up on while their pockets get picked. Guess you're never been to the big cities and watched teams work on this. Privacy is ingrained in the Constitution and you are a fool to try to undermine that Right. When there is no Right to privacy, your Right to keep and bear arms whithers and dies.

Think....or remain a slave. It's your choice, but don't damn the rest of us if you choose to succomb to weakness.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
scourge said:
Things are crap right now as a direct result of GOP policies.
You are correct. It is GOP policies that have regained lost job's.

But it's only the paranoid who would blame the GOP for worlds changing economy, although Nixon opening relations with China probably isn't as bad as Clinton giving them memebership in the World Trade Organization.

It's evolution, embrace it and worship it and thank the lucky stars above you are still a poop throwing monkey!! :thepan:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Deep Sleep said:
I myself don't see any good coming from running around and calling Prez Bush a chimp, or continueing to insult people like HRS.
That's why I call him a tool of Karl Rove. Eventually he, and the rest of the angry liberal mob, will drive the moderate Democrats to GOP.

But he is entertaining to watch. It's like watching the monkey's at the Zoo throwing poop at people.

·
Registered
290 Posts
scourge said:
As for abortion, you're quite young and naive and fail to realize that the struggle is not about the fetus and never was. It's about State power over women.
It's not about "State power over women". It's about human rights. I for one don't think that a women should have absolute power over the right of a child that would also be MINE!! As a male and also the father it is total bulls*&t that the women could decied that 'our' child should die. You know, I may WANT MY CHILD!! It is time that women need to take as much responability(SP?) as men if they really want to be equal in this country. It's time to end abortion, end welfare, end forced child support. Start to be responable for our own actions. Welcome to the new left

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deep Sleep said:
It's not about "State power over women". It's about human rights.

You're naive. You don't know history or else you would not have made such an idiotic and slanderous statement. Suggesting Pro-Choice advocates are against human rights only shows how simple minded you are on this subject.

·
Registered
290 Posts
scourge said:
You're naive. You don't know history or else you would not have made such an idiotic and slanderous statement. Suggesting Pro-Choice advocates are against human rights only shows how simple minded you are on this subject.
Naive? Simple minded? No, Not at all. I feel that men should also have a 'Choice'. After all, The child is also ours. Remember, I'm the one who who brought up the "human rights". I'm all for Pro-Choice, The choice of having responcable sex. I know people are going to have sex so the "choice" of having a child or not should be made BEFORE sex, Not after. Real sex education should start in elementary school, not in High School. If the choice the Mother and Father make is to not want the child, Theres adoption.
I can see an exception for rape,incest or if child birth could harm the mother ( C-section could be an option here on the last one)
I know my history very well, That is why I feel the way I do about this subject. We don't need welfare,abortion, or forced child support. We need people to be respocable for the actions they take.

Funny how some people respond to having to be responcable for there own actions.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Deep Sleep said:
Naive? Simple minded? No, Not at all. I feel that men should also have a 'Choice'. After all, The child is also ours. Remember, I'm the one who who brought up the "human rights". I'm all for Pro-Choice, The choice of having responcable sex. I know people are going to have sex so the "choice" of having a child or not should be made BEFORE sex, Not after. Real sex education should start in elementary school, not in High School. If the choice the Mother and Father make is to not want the child, Theres adoption.
I can see an exception for rape,incest or if child birth could harm the mother ( C-section could be an option here on the last one)
I know my history very well, That is why I feel the way I do about this subject. We don't need welfare,abortion, or forced child support. We need people to be respocable for the actions they take.

Funny how some people respond to having to be responcable for there own actions.
Good post, welcome to the vast moderate center!!

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
scourge said:
You're a poop throwing monkey, what do you know about humans? :hmm:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing funny about it at all. It was YOU who suggested that Pro-Choice advocates are against human rights, when you could never be more wrong. The reason why males don't have as much a say is because it is NOT our body forced to carry a child. Women are like bacon and men like eggs for breakfast - the chicken was involved but the pig was committed. Males are invloved but it is the females who are totally committted.

It is completely wrong to suggest the Pro-Choice advocates do not advocate personal responsibility. Had you a clue about reality, you would not be so smug with your own hubris. Planned Parenthood works to make sure that every child born is wanted and that women can make informed and intelligent decisions about their sex life. They are not perfect, but information from Planned Parenthood will be a hell of a lot more correct than fairy tale fantasy pushed by religious organizations looking to frighten young girls into obedience.

NO ONE thinks we NEED abortion. It's simply a sad byproduct of life. NO ONE is pro-abortion and never has been. YES, we do need forced child support because some males like to spread their seed but are too cowardly to do the work. You contradict yourself is saying that the fetus is also the man's child but he should not be forced to pay support? Do you often lose track of your thoughts on long posts?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
scourge said:
They are not perfect, but information from Planned Parenthood will be a hell of a lot more correct than fairy tale fantasy pushed by religious organizations looking to frighten young girls into obedience.
What a nice display of bigotry mixed with falsehood.

Since the goal of Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was to eradicate black people, and you openly support them, doesn't that make you a racist? :yup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
scourge said:
NO ONE thinks we NEED abortion. It's simply a sad byproduct of life.
Then why fight so hard to keep it legal? Becuse it's a sad byproduct of illresponcable behavier is why. I practice what I say, I'v gone out and been drunk, done illeagle drugs and slept around in my youth. I still practiced safe sex. Never got a girl pragnet, If I didnt have protection I didnt go in. I'll also tell you I havent been to church in twenty years. I'm not a church going zelot, I just feel that people need to take responcability. There are 12 seperate methods of birth control for women, If they don't want to be pragnet that wont be. Men have two, condome and vacetamy. Good luck on getting the second untill you reach the mid thirties. So no, there is no conterdition here.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
I believe abortion should come as an option in extreme cases, rape, incest, or in the case of loss of life to the mother. If you don't want kids, be responsible and use the widely available methods. If you choose not to do so, then the outcome is one you must step up to the plate and accept. Females are totally commited but, unless they reproduce asexually then it was the action of twoindividuals to have sex. Pro Choice is being used by irresponsible people who repeatedly ignore the admonition to use birth control and want an easy way out. I believe that some Libs have become so focused on not being Cons that they have forgot to focus on the real agenda at hand and the same can be said vice versa. I identify with elements of both parties, I feel that Bush could have done some things better, but also realize that he is imperfect, and in an imperfect government ran by imperfect humans, there will always be room for improvement. We can all say what should be done but, really when faced with choices, how many of us can say that we make the right decision 100% of the time. Instead of focusing so much on differences, let's work together to create positive change.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts