Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dropped the truck off today to have the sub hooked up. Super excited for a little more bass. Also I got the control knob. I’ll post a video when it’s done tomorrow.

View attachment 588824
View attachment 588825
Does it bypass the bose subs in the center console? I did some research and from what I understand you have to tap into the factory wiring to wire up a set of rcas that gets signal from the factory deck. Mechman also makes a 370A alternator to power a bunch of amps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea as I paid to have it installed. The Stealthbox replaces the factory Bose speaker which is a 6” speaker. I’m very happy with the total upgrade and for everything in my setup it was $1500.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have no idea as I paid to have it installed. The Stealthbox replaces the factory Bose speaker which is a 6” speaker. I’m very happy with the total upgrade and for everything in my setup it was $1500.
Let us know how it turns out. The bose sub that comes with the Escalade is weak sauce...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice! I like that the sub is tucked away in the center console saving space. Trying to decide if I want to go that route too! I seen a guy on you tube install the amp in the same place. I’m guessing theres not enough room to put it under the seats huh?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! I like that the sub is tucked away in the center console saving space. Trying to decide if I want to go that route too! I seen a guy on you tube install the amp in the same place. I’m guessing theres not enough room to put it under the seats huh?
Yeah it gets better cooling airflow being upder the back seat. It’s a small amp JL 300 1v2 mono just got the sub but I HIGHLY recommend it if you want more bass without having to give up cargo space!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts