Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like we are finally getting a summing device for our Bose amp that will turn our crossed over signal into a full range signal.:yup: Also has remote sensing turn on so no remote lead. For those using the Clean Sweep this is a must. Can't believe they can't put all this in one package. It will probably March before it is out. Link below.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=189

Shane

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't we have the 3-way output from the Bose amp? So this would mean we would actually need two of the JL units in order to get both front and rear stereo channels. And what of the center channel ....I've never heard it...unless it's integrated that well.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mat,

That's why the Rockford piece is the way to go. It actually has front/rear/sub/center channel input. Output will be front/rear and sub with a summed signal. Check out the Rockford thread for specs.

Shane

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
new info:

(Shane correct me if there is something out there that already does this):

I met with radios and more today (Gotta LOVE CES) and they are great... There is a bunch of stuff in the works (cell phone kit, fix to the ipod kit, XM/ipod kit combo, etc).. One of the things we discussed is a way to take the full range ouput to amplifiers while KEEPING the stock volume...
1. Shane, do you know anything out there that does this yet? (Radios and more though there might be something like this in existence)
2. If there is not something out there like this, they may be able to make it for us...

The issue we have is that the volume is controlled over the class II (right?!?) therefore if you dont use the speaker level outputs from AFTER the bose amp, you need an aux volume adjustment (some have put this in the ashtray) which I personally think is a mickey mouse solution (no offense)...

I am envisioning a box that REPLACES the stock Bose amp that can then output to aftermarket amplifiers (no speaker level conversion...) That way you keep your stock headunit, no aux volume control, and you get MUCH better sound with aftermarket amps and speakers....

Reed

·
Registered
'04 CTSV
60 Posts
ctsvett said:
new info:

(The issue we have is that the volume is controlled over the class II (right?!?) therefore if you dont use the speaker level outputs from AFTER the bose amp, you need an aux volume adjustment (some have put this in the ashtray) which I personally think is a mickey mouse solution (no offense)...

I am envisioning a box that REPLACES the stock Bose amp that can then output to aftermarket amplifiers (no speaker level conversion...) That way you keep your stock headunit, no aux volume control, and you get MUCH better sound with aftermarket amps and speakers....

Reed

I JUST did this mickey mouse solution, and I agree with Reed. Even if it is not just one box, is there a way to keep the headunit and replace all else with better sound?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reed,

The Clean Sweep and the Rockford device do not require you to use there volume control, just recommended by JL on the Clean Sweep. It can be set and the factory volume control can be used. The only reason the Clean Sweep wants you to use there volume control is because when you set up the device with there CD it is it flattens the signal at the set volume on the factory head unit. When you adjust the factory volume it changes this flat signal. The only thing I don't know for sure is if the factory Bose amp has any type of EQ device, bass boost at lower volume, increased boost at higher frequencies with increased volume. Hope that made since. If the Bose amp is only acting as a crossover then using the factory volume shouldn't be a problem. I wish someone could verify this for us. I feel the same as you on the plug and play. I feel there will probably be quite a few devices in the future but right now we are limited. It looks like the Rockford piece would be the way to go right now. For temporary for me I'm just going to use the ouputs of the Bose amp and use that as an input signal for my JL amps. I'll be limited to the Bose amp crossover frequency on front,rear and sub but it will work. If your going back to CES go by the Rockford booth and talk to them about the 3sixty. What ever you find out on any front please keep us informed.

Thanks,
Shane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts