Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I didn't know you were working on making your Eldorado look like a newer model. Which year look are you going for? I think that's a GREAT idea.. If the Northstar was inexpensive to maintain, I'd still have my '95 ETC.

So what are your plans? I'd like to follow your progress. I LOVE the looks of the newer Eldorados but I don't really want that Northstar.

Is the suspension less expensive to fix in the older years as well? How about everything else? I'm really curious about all of this...

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Sal, after seeing your Eldo page, it makes me want to consider one now. I'd be interested in seeing JJHomer's project, too.

I've been saying all along that I have to have a BIG 4-door car. Maybe not. The wife's Volvo doesn't seem to want to die. Besides, I only haul 4 people maybe four times a year, and three of those times it's my parents. They just bought a new S430, and probably wouldn't want to ride in some "trashy" Cadillac I picked up second-hand anyway. :helpless:

I'm still in love with Mom's '79 silver Eldorado.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Eldorado was REALLY something. It never failed to turn heads. Boy, did I love that car. But, it had to go. After 110,000 miles, it just started costing way too much to maintain.. If I could have the EXACT same car with the 4.9, I'd be very happy.. I wonder if you could get the LT1 in there...

I used to have a '79 Eldorado Biarritz.. Boy, did I love that car too. It had the pillow seats and everything.. If I were the Cadillac fanatic I am now, I'd still have that car. I remember a girl getting into my backseat and saying, "Wow, this is like a little limo". :) Yeah.......

Not to change the subject or anything... I really want to talk about JJ's plans. :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I missed that thread..... Could you point me to it!!!

I didnt know this either!!!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
'79 Eldorado Biarritz..

pillow seats...

a girl getting into my backseat...

"Wow, this is like a little limo".

:) Yeah.......
My sentiments and memories EXACTLY.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Elvis said:
My sentiments and memories EXACTLY.
well so far what i am doing is little things that hardly anyone will notice.
The automatic dimming mirror, The fog light switch, heated seats, extra wood paneling, cub holders in front console, back seat with compartment in armrest, adding cig lighters to back ash tray, that is about the extent of int. stuff unless others have any ideas,

for exterior, first i NEED THE GRILLE
the ground effects either need to be replaced or painted, need dual exhaust,
that is all i have noticed so far that is different.

And sal the reason why i am doing this is b/c i don't want to deal with a north* but i want the look and feel of a newer eldo

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Grille..... JerseyGirl put a grille off of a 95ETC.... Fit beautifully, and looked great..... She probably still has a picture in the members ride section......

For you wood trim, goto www.burtmanindustries.com and contact Jason, tell him Wes from NICO sent you..... He'll give you a SMOKIN deal on a custom made kit!!!! Ive heard of people ordering from online sites like exoticwooddash, and they dont fit and are hesitant to refund money!!!!

You could also try and upgrade to the 94 design steering wheel...... Im pretty sure its plug and play with minimal mods......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
elwesso said:
Grille..... JerseyGirl put a grille off of a 95ETC.... Fit beautifully, and looked great..... She probably still has a picture in the members ride section......

For you wood trim, goto www.burtmanindustries.com and contact Jason, tell him Wes from NICO sent you..... He'll give you a SMOKIN deal on a custom made kit!!!! Ive heard of people ordering from online sites like exoticwooddash, and they dont fit and are hesitant to refund money!!!!

You could also try and upgrade to the 94 design steering wheel...... Im pretty sure its plug and play with minimal mods......
I am hoping that i can find basically a 95 or newer with tan int. and with white ext.
The grille is number 1 though for ext. and the int. has to be the cup holders.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
I am hoping that i can find basically a 95 or newer with tan int. and with white ext.
The grille is number 1 though for ext. and the int. has to be the cup holders.
Hey guys need some help. Anyone who has a 95/96 or newer etc eldo would they mind taking pics of the int for me or give me ideas of what i am missing that is in your int and not in mine. I have the bare necesities. At least i have the floor shifter.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Look on ebay.... Most of the time they have tons of pictures.......

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell him Wes from NICO and CadillacForums.com sent you. ;) :p

I hear ya about that Northstar.. I wouldn't want it either.. And yes, eBayMotors is the best place to go right now - hopefully soon, this site will have the most Cadillac images in one place...

If I'm not mistaken, the rear bumper is different also.. Are the ground-effects the same? I thought that was different as well - maybe even the front bumper...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Tell him Wes from NICO and CadillacForums.com sent you. ;) :p

I hear ya about that Northstar.. I wouldn't want it either.. And yes, eBayMotors is the best place to go right now - hopefully soon, this site will have the most Cadillac images in one place...

If I'm not mistaken, the rear bumper is different also.. Are the ground-effects the same? I thought that was different as well - maybe even the front bumper...
yes the ground effects and the front bumper are different. I am hoping that i can find a "parts" car for my cause it will save me a lot

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, a parts car will help...... If I ever see one in the local junkyards, Ill let you know..... You could make a road trip to Snipesville!!! WOOHOO!!!!

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Make sure you match ext. parts up first. That White Diamond can come back and haunt you. I'll keep an eye out for Eldos next time i'm at the junkyard.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
DaveSmed said:
Make sure you match ext. parts up first. That White Diamond can come back and haunt you. I'll keep an eye out for Eldos next time i'm at the junkyard.
im not worried about the ext. at all. I have a great body shop that owes me a favor or too for keeping them alive the last month or two. My biggest concern is the int. It is very hard to find tan leather int. parts.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
elwesso said:

Speaking of JerseyGirl....anyone seen her in a while? She gone MIA on us?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Are you considering updating to a '96 dash board?
I want to do that but the problem is the electronics end of it. all of the wiring is in a different place. if anyone knows how to change it let me know b/c that would be great

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
All I can say, if you attempt that.... Godspeed! That would probably turn into a big mess you wish youd never have gotten yourself into!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
elwesso said:
All I can say, if you attempt that.... Godspeed! That would probably turn into a big mess you wish youd never have gotten yourself into!
Well the problem that i am having is that the 96 and newer have DUAL climate controls and i can't make my car do that everything else i can just rewire and retrofit to make it work. Plus there is a couple of obd2 things that are built in that won't work on my car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts