Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out yesterday the roommate, who is going through this academy with me, has a freaking staph MSRA infection. Great. I've bleached just about everything that is bleachable and am taking super extra clean precautions, and hoping like holy hell I don't get it too. He's out for three days so far, maybe more, almost certainly more, and we're only allowed to miss 5 days total before we get booted from the program. 7 months in, 5 weeks to go. Holy hell, I better not get it too...

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
MSRA? I am clueless when it comes to abbreviations.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Methicillin resistant staph aureus. Drug resistant staph infection that's only responsive to Vancomycin. Where's the site of his infection Spyder?

eta: I bet you'd come out positive on a nasal swab Spyder. ;)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
MRSA has been completely overblown by the media. Yes its bad if you get it, but people very rarely get it. It is typical in hospital settings. If you have any open cuts or anything like that keep them covered up. Other than that you should be fine. It's not like TB where the guy was just all over the house spewing MRSA all over everything.

For the record I've worked in hospitals and been around people with MRSA for 10 years and never had a positive nasal swab. It is a lot harder to get than the news would have you think. Much like pig flu or taco flu or whatever the scare tactic of the week is.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
MRSA has been completely overblown by the media. Yes its bad if you get it, but people very rarely get it. It is typical in hospital settings. If you have any open cuts or anything like that keep them covered up. Other than that you should be fine. It's not like TB where the guy was just all over the house spewing MRSA all over everything.

For the record I've worked in hospitals and been around people with MRSA for 10 years and never had a positive nasal swab. It is a lot harder to get than the news would have you think. Much like pig flu or taco flu or whatever the scare tactic of the week is.
Spyder this guy is full of bull butter! I call dibs on your guns and ammo!! :stirpot: :p

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I'm gonna miss reading Spyders comments on here,god speed cooty catcher.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the ease of divying up my crap. Rolex, you sure you want my guns? It's all boring California legal crap!

:D

Not too awful worried about it, but it's a pain in the ass to have to take the extra precautions. The initial site was on the back of his right hand and the swollen ugly spot moved about halfway up his forearm. He got the drain removed today and Friday they're going to check it out again. He's keeping it wrapped up and I'm bleaching away in all of our shared areas (rooms, you sick pervs!!!) and doing a little extra hand washing. Should be fine. But, just a PIA. Guess I should slow down on the nose picking though, eh? :p

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
Oh I didn't really it was on his hands, you're a dead man. What kinda weapons you got?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Oh I didn't really it was on his hands, you're a dead man. What kinda weapons you got?
Check out the Post your weapons thread.....Spyder seems to have the biggest, baddest stuff that the liberal state he calls home will allow. One of these days he might move away then watch out....he'll be able to go after all new sets of toys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts