Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that might be interested, here is the list of mods that Jeff did to his Cad.
---------------------------------------------------
Jeff Schwartz’
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D’elegance Coupe
VIN # 1G6AB47N4C9157167
Originally equipped with 350 Olds Diesel

Customization and Modification Details

Body / Interior
Rust free Texas body was stripped to bare metal and epoxy primed. Custom two tone acrylic urethane base coat, clear coat paint. New windshield and all weatherstripping installed. Custom fabricated bumpers and mounting brackets with integral brake cooling ducts in front. Red powder coated engine compartment bracing and body molding. Red Cadillac logos on windshield. Airbrushed graphics on deck lid.
Custom two tone leather and cloth interior upholstery by ALS. Recaro seats with custom made aluminum mounting brackets adapting original full power memory mechanism. Cadillac logos embroidered into leather. New carpet, mats, dash pad, headliner. Steering wheel is GM leather Trans Am with Cadillac Catera center emblem. Instrument panel is custom made from aluminum sheet, painted black and adapted into the stock dash with Autometer 160mph speedo, Lokar cable, Autometer 8000 rpm tach, water temp and oil pressure gauges. Auxiliary gauge panel with oil temp, trans temp, vacuum, volt gauges. B&M Super shifter. Cockpit mounted NOS gauge and remote bottle valve.

Suspension / Chassis
All suspension bushings machined from hard plastic (Delrin) with steel liners and grease fittings.
All new mechanical parts. Front springs shortened one coil; Rear control arms boxed with
welded flat steel reinforcement plates. 14:1 WS6 Trans Am Steering gear box. Custom made
aluminum steering shaft with needle bearing universal joints. Rear differential is a non C clip
GM 8.5” ten bolt with 2.73 limited slip. Sway Bars are Hellwig super heavy duty with urethane
bushings and links. Front is 1 5/16” diameter and rear is 1”. Wheels are fully polished custom
made Center Line forged billet aluminum. 17x9.5 front with 5” rear spacing and 17x11 rear with
7” rear spacing. Tire are Yokahoma AVS Sport 275 /40 zr17 front and 315/ 35 zr 17 rear. Rear
frame rails narrowed 1” per side for clearance. New original type 12” front disc brakes with
Performance Friction “95” pads. Rear Disc brakes are12” 94 corvette rotors with GM mid size
calipers, adjustable proportioning valve, custom mounting brackets and stainless braided brake
lines. KYB gas shocks, Custom made square tube transmission cross member. Custom 3” dual crossover exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers.

Engine
1973 500 cu. In. 497 rear wheel HP and 692 rear wheel torque.
Fully deburred block. Ported and milled heads. Comp Exteme Energy hydraulic cam, lifters,
valve springs. Cam specs 230 / 236 dur. @ .050, Lift .562.
Modified and baffled oil pan for extra capacity. Jet less Speed Block equipped Holley 850 DP carburetor flowed to 980cfm. Custom made carbon fiber heat shield. MSD ignition, plug wires and 3 stage retard control. Hedman BBC Headers modified with custom made Caddy flanges. Ported Edelbrock intake. NOS big shot system, adjustable to 350 hp. (currently set at 125 hp) Two Holley blue fuel pumps.
TSI Turbo 400 trans, 13” W-30 convertor. Braided lines, external oil and trans coolers.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Thanks for putting all that info up lux :) I already printed it up and made another set of copys just in case I lose the first set ;)

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mad'lac said:
Thanks for putting all that info up lux :) I already printed it up and made another set of copys just in case I lose the first set ;)
No problem.
I hope Jeff doesn't mind.....?
If he does, I'll delete the post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I posted it to that other site for public knowledge, so no problem postin it here. Most of that is listed in the spec sheet in Hot Rod too. I'd love to see other Caddy's done up like it, just not an exact copy.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I hear ya on the exact copy comment. I like some of the ideas you have on the caddy. But I don't think I am going to make it a G-machine though. I would like to set up my caddy for long hual and road trips. Thats why I am leaning toward a 350.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, I've got a question re: your bushings. My '68 Coupe's front suspension is squeaking something awful when compressed. I'm assuming that it's the bushings but will be checking the ball joints first (anyone with good advice about the life expectancy of ball joints on a car like this?). What's the advantage of the plastic bushings? How much more does this cost? Thanks for anyone's .02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts