1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
That was really good!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Rofl!

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
Ya, definately staged, they would not dare do that otherwise, it would be asking for a lawsuit. The guy coulda had a heart attack or a car coulda pulled out in front of them, etc. Was funny though anyhow, too bad it was not a CTS-V.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Like anything anything you hear on the radio, it's always fake. But I find it entertaining anyway.

----------

Actually, there is zero chance that Gordon was actually driving the car.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the whole drive was staged in advance, but the one person who was not in on it was. . .the salesman. Dealership and everyone else, in on it. Other cars on the preplanned route, in on it, obviously. Salesman, not. We saw the boards for the ad come in for one of our DP clients and that's how it was laid out at least.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the whole drive was staged in advance, but the one person who was not in on it was. . .the salesman. Dealership and everyone else, in on it. Other cars on the preplanned route, in on it, obviously. Salesman, not. We saw the boards for the ad come in for one of our DP clients and that's how it was laid out at least.
So the salesman wasn't surprised at the aftermarket cupholder, or the fact that they switched drivers between the introduction and the actual drivign?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
363 Posts
Geez...take a funny video and then rip it to pieces about being staged or fake

Come on guys...it was funny and entertaining....leave it at that.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
So the salesman wasn't surprised at the aftermarket cupholder, or the fact that they switched drivers between the introduction and the actual drivign?
Like I said, all we saw were the boards and what was the supposed plan. We don't know what happened beyond that. Note the last sentence in my post.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe
200 Posts
I laughed my ass off!

And the marketing folks hit a home run... this is one of the best viral videos I've seen and is spreading like wildfire! How many other 3.5 minute commercials have you sat through (and watched more than once!)? lol

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon
306 Posts
I like Goron. Rhymes with moron. And yeah it's completely staged. Actor and stunt driver. Definitely entertaining regardless!

·
Registered
NONE
779 Posts
Pretty clearly all faked just by the cupholder being there and the can obviously being secured. There is no way a normal cupholder would have held that camera steady through the turns...

But it's pretty much just like reality TV. I think as an ad it fails because it unnecessarily tries to be real... trying too hard to be "cool"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts