Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a thread about people that just cant stop staring at your car or if they say to you, "WOW! I wish I could get one of those!" So heres mine:
All in one day: On the highway, and some old green van passes buy with 2 or 3 ten-year-olds in the back seat. One of them points and soon the whole family was looking at the shiny beast! When we get to blockbuster, an old man walks buy, lookin at the front grill and the dinner plate-sized Cadillac Emblem. He saw me sittin inside, so he didnt look inside the leather behemoth.
And the last time was parked in front of Eckerd, stepping out when someone comes buy and asks, "Nice Escalade. I'm thinking about getting one someday" LOL Yeah I know its not like its a kill storie, but the Escalade is for killer looks, not for killing ricers, am I right? (Although I could easily beat a near stock Civic)
Oh yeah, I forgot one I wanted to say. The best one of all! Some 20's guy pulled up beside us and kept looking inside. When he was done, he had to pull away quickly so we could here his V8 Rumble. HA! Jealous stares from mustangs! Escalades are so popular with kids.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
The Escalade is definitely the coolest looking SUV out there. My favorite is in White Diamond. There's one right down the block from me. :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Escalades ARE popular with the MTV crowd and the rap/hip-hop crowd in general thanks to the numerous videos and lyrics that mention/depict them. Enjoy it while you can 'cause this crowd can be fickle.
My favorite is the white too, but it has to have aftermarket wheels/tires to REALLY look good. The OEM stuff is lame.

My car gets a TON of stares from middle-aged guys when they see it but young guys don't always notice it unless they hear it or get more than a passing glance at it. My whole idea behind the car is to do a "stock-looking" car. In other words, have it modified externally to a point that it still looks like it might have been done by the OEM. That's why I used so many factory parts in the project. The down-side is that it's a subtle look that doesn't always get noticed right away.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Maybe their staring at it because they can't believe some guy paid that much for a re-badged Tahoe! I had some guy catch me looking at his Escalame the other day and he got this sorta smug look on his face like he thought I was jealous or something....If he'd have known what I was thinking, He'd have been embarrassed! Kids are Impressed with them...But kids are Impressed with ANYTHING that they see on MTV!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I gotta admit, I am no fan of the Escalade myself. I like my Denali better. I like the looks better and when it came out I was able to get a MUCH better deal on it than the Escalade. Cadillac was being real hard-line on the price and GMC wasn't.
Doesn't matter anyway, we paid off the Denali early and now I'm ready to lower it and change the wheels/tires. Almost ashame since the OEM wheels look so good (especially compared to the Escalade wheels) but they're only 17's and those wheel wells SCREAM for bigger ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
ext

My favorite cadillac is the new ext i saw a black one that drove up to my work the other night on 23's and i had to ask him about it.....the escalade isnt that good lookin thoe....but i would still take one.....

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
IMO, escalades are nice looking, but i could spend my money much better elsewhere.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes its a rebadged Tahoe, but who said the Tahoe was bad? Stick GM's most powerful engine in it, make it standard leather, slap on some wood, and Cadillac symbols to make it eve better. And change the borring Chevy styled front into Cadillac. Sound like a bargain for $10,000. Everyone likes the Denali better, but with all that extra weight (in the case of the extended denali) and 25 less horses, it doesn't have my favorite part of the Escalade. Its the fastest SUV out there! And if it came down to actually going to the dealer and buying one, like we did, you would look at the Denali then look at the Escalade, like we did. The Escalade screams, "Take me! Look how shiney I am! And I look so EDGY!" That styling will eat you alive. Then we look at the Denali and the back looks like every other truck on the road. The only good part of the styling is front billet grill. Inside, its not as luxirous. More plastics and instead of shale colored, most Denali's have grey interiors. Remember to "Never judge a book by its cover" cause outside might look tough and inside looks cheap. So Escalades better than that. And I wouldnt spend $50,000+ for a truck with a cheap interior when theres one with a Cadillac Interior for almost the same price. Only thing left is performance. The Denali can tow the bigger boat (I think) but if you dont have one, the Escalade will be better because of the louder V8 rumble and better performance to match it. And come on. This is a Cadillac forum, your supposed to support all Cadillacs. Well at least all V8 Cadillacs. Some loyalists! Geez, when I goto Ford and BMW forums, or even other Cadillac forums, they're all loyal to their number one company.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You might as well get used to it! We've got a lot of closet ricers and Cadillac haters here who can't wait to talk shit about the cars they claim to love! And then try to justify it by babbling about making the brand better by telling everyone who'll listen that they're junk!

Sad but true!

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
kcnewell said:
We've got a lot of closet ricers and Cadillac haters here who can't wait to talk shit about the cars they claim to love!
It seems some of us didn't read the fine print in the 'Cadillac owners agreement' that said we had to love every Cadillac model ever produced, hate all Ford products and hate every car not made in America.

With ownership rules like that, no wonder Cadillac resale values are so low. :halo:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HotRodSaint said:
It seems some of us didn't read the fine print in the 'Cadillac owners agreement' that said we had to love every Cadillac model ever produced, hate all Ford products and hate every car not made in America.
Fine with me, as thats what I have been doing and have gotten kicked out of a forum from saying calling Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagon Nazi cars and we should all buy Buicks and Cadillacs for rich people. They should also say "Hate at your own Risk" lol

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Just to let you all know, Im still in for cadillac.....

Yesterday, on the way home from church, i saw a 95 ETC for sale. I went and looked at it, and it had beige interior, and didnt look like more than about 80k. They want 7000 for it. im hoping i can fix up the Q and get that much out of it, because it is soo sweet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I love the Escalade. I actually like the older models than the 2003s but the 2003's are still sick. Katshot was right when he said they look lame without nice aftermarket rims. If you have an Escalade you have to have a set of flashy rims. What do you think of the Escalade trucks? I like them.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
UGLY! The EXT is the WORST of all! That thing is so stupid looking.. The Escalade is bad enough, But the EXT is atrocious! Then you add those retarded looking 23" wheels to it and it just gets worse....We've got some of them around here sittin' on those ugly wheels. It's difficult to sit next to them in traffic and not bust out laughing at how totally ridiculous they look!

They look every bit as dumb as a riced out Civic with a triple decker wing!:vomit:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I hate to say it but, I like the EXT, but only in white (the only color I like the Escalade in too). And it has to have aftermarket wheels/tires.
The EXT is what the Avalanch SHOULD have been.
BTW, have you noticed that the Chevy is now available WITHOUT the gross cladding?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we just couldnt get the older model. It may have looked better, but the Hummer H2 was faster than it, and we'll take the bigger engine any day. Also, a key reason why we but this SUV was to seat 7 people. (Ordered second row bucket seats) So buying the EXT is out. Might as well have gotten a car. And I hate the new ESV. Escalade is fine the way it is, now they stretch it to make it the Suburban. It tows less and is slower. I have the stock rims, they are 17" but they are a nice shiney chrome. After buying a $66,000 vehicle, (including tax and finance stuff) we dont really want to buy some $3000 rims right now. It attracts enough attention. Imagine if we got the H2 instead, which we almost did.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
He doesnt consider the escalade to be a cadillac, just a rebadged avalanche/tahoe/suburban

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was the first Eldorado not a gussied up Corvette? Yeah, thats why I think the XLR should be named the Eldorado, cause its based on the vette.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
They wouldnt do that, they just discontinued the eldorado line 3 years ago.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts