Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on purchasing the JB4. Figure with the Global B network on our cars this will be the next best thing for the foreseeable future. Finding any information on the JB4 for our cars is slim to none.

If anyone has one installed, post about any hiccups, issues or how your liking the JB4. Maybe we can help each other out and give more feedback to Terry at BMS.

I'll try to make sure I keep posting when I recieve and get this installed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shipment was delayed last Friday, says it's in town today and delivered today. I'll update tonight after I get it installed and send some logs out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it installed couple days ago, logs sent and checked by Terry. Had some issues with install, ended up needing to trim some tabs on the connector to make it work (thanks to Terry for answering my email so quick and working with me late into the night, put my kids to bed, started installing the JB4, had issues when I started the car up and Terry responded before I could even contemplate taking everything off back to stock for the night). Car feels good, and logs looked good to Terry. Still some hiccups with the JB4, car starter doesn't currently work, not sure if map 2 is up and running well, no auto tune map etc yet. Anyone that is looking to eek some more performance out of these great cars and would like to help support the JB4 for our platform should pick one up. From my internet searching the CT5s have the "global b" network like the C8, so we probably won't get any tune support for the foreseeable future. Hopefully we can get BMS to put some more time into RnD for our platform and get some more performance and shit eating grins out of their JB4 lol.

On winter tires, 94 octane map 1, went from 4.9/5.1 0-100km/h stock(0-62mph) to 4.6 0-100 based on the gauge cluster's 0-100 timer. Don't have a dragy or a dyno so that's my only gauge on proof of performance improvement aside from how it feels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car feels great, no codes since the first install. Car starter doesn't work, Terry said it is an issue due to the MAF unit, he thinks he can put a different chip in so it fixes the issue, but needs to test it out first. If anyone is in the area of JB4 be a superstar if you could get in touch with Terry at Burger motor sports!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you mean by car starter does not work?
If you use the car starter, car starts for 5-10 seconds and throws a code for MAF sensor low voltage and turns off. Terry got me to do some testing with the JB4 MAF unit, and he said he thinks it's because it's not starting up fast enough. Said he can fix it but needs to test it before he ships the new part.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got it.

The new global B cars are using a LIN bus to communicated MAF sensor signal data to the ECM so the traditional MAF foolers don't work like they used to when ECM's couldn't be re flashed. I am curious to see what the solution is.

Do let us know what the outcome is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got it.

The new global B cars are using a LIN bus to communicated MAF sensor signal data to the ECM so the traditional MAF foolers don't work like they used to when ECM's couldn't be re flashed. I am curious to see what the solution is.

Do let us know what the outcome is!
Will do! He did mention that currently the issue with the dip of boost in the 3-4k rpm range is due to the MAF not being integrated into the JB4 ATM. Which makes alot of sense based on what your saying. He was able to trick the MAF during his logs when he was testing if you look at the forum for the ct5's JB4. Where he was able to hold boost, my logs clearly drop in that range. I have no idea what he did to achieve it, but he did it (based on his log) and knows that the Beta JB4 can't at the moment.

He made it seem like the car starter portion is an easy fix, as he said he thinks he needs to adjust it so it "boots up faster" and clearly said it is a hardware fix and would have to mail out a new part after he gets it figured out. I believe someone on this forum was actually the one that lent him a CT5-V to test with. Not likely there's many rental places that have a CT5-V. Hopefully he can get his hands on one sooner than later to put some time in with again.

I'd be all for it if I was in the area, the car feels great and feels like it has much more to give. I'm excited for winter to end up here and throw the pilot sports back on. Haven't gotten a chance to launch or drive the car on anything other than the winter tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be testing a new MAF unit for the JB4, hopefully fixes the car starter issue but it was tweaked for performance (tested on a CT6 not a 4/5 with the global B) should arrive tomorrow, I'll update with how it effects the car if at all, and what shows up in the logs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New MAF unit came in last night from BMS. Tested remote start, and out of about 8 start ups, only 1 failed with a P010C code. Thanks to Terry for getting this out, it's cold up here, few days reaching -33C.

Have had some greasy weather, should dry up this weekend and get some logs out to Terry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had some hiccups after work when getting logs done for terry, had to adjust the MAF unit to smooth out the logs. The dip in boost in the 3-4k range is much smoother and almost gone. Had some issues with the remote start, but since we did the adjustment haven't had a remote start issue (only started it 4 times since adjusting the MAF unit, will keep updates on the remote starter)

Dash gauge showing 4.4sec 0-100km/h (0-62mph)
400m (.249miles) 12.5sec, never did a 400m without the JB4 though. Non-prepped surface, winter tires.

On the odd launch or hard run, post shift going into 3rd falls flat a bit. Sent terry logs to see what he thinks and if there's a way to fix it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still having some issues with remote starts. Hit and miss with it working and not working. Terry asked me to do some troubleshooting to help narrow down cause. I have noticed it's much worse in the extreme cold (-33C up here some days) than in just mild cold (-10 to -15ish).

Car feels good to drive, wish spring so I could see what she's got. Especially now the dip in boost is gone the power feels real good. Got a couple k&n filters on the way, I assume they won't add much powerwise but interested to see how they affect the logs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good info here, thanks for keeping us updated. What K&N filters did you order, since there is no info on the K&N website for the CT5-V :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah man, not much info out there, and I figure if I can give it I will. 33-5105 are the k&n filters Replacement Air Filter - they show it's for the 2020 V6 ct5 does not specify for the V, but they cross reference to part number Cadillac 84335354. If you look that up it is the air filter for a 2020/2021 ct5 premium luxury / V:
2020-2021 Cadillac CT5 Air Filter 84335354 | GMPartsDirect.com.

Bit of a round about way verify fitment but it checked out for me. It was also real hard to find a supplier in Canada to avoid the obnoxious shipping cost from the US to up here. The website I also purchased from had it listed for the V. Which also gives me the ability to return if it doesn't fit.

Reference Product Unit price Quantity Total price 33-5105

K&N | Replacement Air Filter - CT5 Premium Luxury / V 3.0T 2020-2021

1 - 20 of 21 Posts