Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I need some help on this one! For my International Advertising class, I need to:

"Select 2 countries. From secondary sources found on the Internet compile the following information for AT LEAST A 5 YEAR PERIOD PRIOR TO THE PRESENT:
-principal exports
-principal imports
-GNP
-Chief of State
- Major Cities and population
-principal agricultural crop"

Does anyone know any great websites where I can find this info (I have to cite everything) or just already know this stuff? Greatly appreciated!

Brian

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
-principal exports
-principal imports
-GNP
-Chief of State
- Major Cities and population
-principal agricultural crop"
ITALY:
Prime Minister: Silvio Berlusconi
GDP (2005)
- PPP $1.694 trillion(8th)
- Nominal $1.836 trillion(7th)
- GDP/capita(PPP) $29,414 (19th)
- GDP/capita(nom.) $31,874 (20th)
Total Population: 58,462,375
Major cities: Rome, Naples, Venice, Florence
Major Exports: Food, Clothing, Luxury Automobiles
Major Imports: engineering products, chemicals, transport equipment
major crops: fruits & vegetables (READ: Tomatoes), grapes, potatoes, sugar beets, soybeans, grain, olives; beef, dairy products; fish

JAPAN:
Prime Minister: Junichiro KOIZUMI
GDP
- Total (PPP, 2004) $3.8 trillion (3rd)
- Total (nominal) $4.7 trillion (2nd)
- GDP/capita (PPP) $29,906 (12th)
- GDP/capita (nominal) $36,575 (10th)
Total Population: 127,417,244
Major cities: Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Sapporo
Major Exports: transport equipment, motor vehicles, semiconductors, electrical machinery, chemicals
Major Imports: machinery and equipment, fuels, foodstuffs, chemicals, textiles, raw materials
Major Crops:rice (of course:lildevil: ), sugar beets, vegetables, fruit, pork, poultry, dairy products, eggs, fish

I got the info from Wikipedia and the CIA World Factbook...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
HITMONEY said:
Hey Ben... I been wondering about some thing for a while and maybe you can help...

Can you define for me the universe and give me 3 examples?

:)
The universe is the whole spacetime continuum in which we exist, together with all the energy and matter within it. Attempts to understand the universe in this sense, on the largest possible scales, are made in cosmology, a science that has grown from physics and astronomy. During the second half of the 20th century, the development of observational cosmology, also called physical cosmology, led to a split in the meaning of the word universe, between observational cosmologists and theoretical cosmologists; where the former (usually) abandon the hope of observing the whole spacetime continuum, the latter retain this hope, attempting to find the most reasonable speculations for modeling the whole of spacetime, despite the extreme difficulty in imagining any empirical constraints on these speculations and the risk of declining into metaphysics.

The terms known universe, observable universe, or visible universe are often used to describe the part of the universe that we can see or otherwise observe. Those who believe it is impossible to observe the whole continuum may use our universe, referring only to that knowable by human beings in particular.

3 examples would be the Milky Way Galaxy, the surround around the MWG, or the way a magnetic field surrounds a current flowing through a wire as part of an experiment.

I hope this helps. I'm ready for the Nobel Peace Prize now(sorry HitMoney, you can borrow it sometimes) :D

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
90Brougham350 said:
Ben, if you ever need a favor, you know, painting your house, hand sanding your Cad, cleaning out your septic tank, you just let me know! Thanks!

Brian
:histeric: CIA World Factbook is a great tool. My tax dollars well spent on spying on the world. :bouncy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts