Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the residual value (%) on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year on an ATS? Does the residual value change between the 2.0T and the 2.5L?

Also, what is the lease interest rate for someone with excellent credit?

And, how much is Cadillac contributing to make a lease happen?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
13 Posts
This question is way to vague. Residual value is different for every State and ATS model. It also changes based on MSRP and options etc...

I will tell you the residuals are extremely high right now which then drives down the payment. Caddilac is obviously trying to move this model. I just bought a 3.6 Performance with an MSRP of $46k @ 15k per year with a residual of 54%. This Is a BMW type residual.

Also, interest rate "called money factor on a lease" on a lease is irrelevant. I say this because typically its a fixed rate with very little movement.

Your best action is to call and make an appointment with a finance manager at your local Caddy dealer and ask these questions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Doodah. I am going to speak with a dealer today.

As far as the "money factor" or interest rate goes, regardless of syntax or variability, I still think it's important since it is part of the calculation for a lease payment. :) However, I think maybe the most important piece of info, but also probably the most difficult to find, is how much money Cadillac is contributing to the deal. I'll let everyone know what the dealer says...

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from my test drives at my local dealer. I have to say I am surprisingly impressed with the 2.5L engine. It has a nice feel to it and decent acceleration as well. I did love the 2.0T though. Going to be a hard decision.

As for the numbers, they are pretty tight lipped about everything. I think I am just going to call Ally and US Bank to get the numbers from them. Will keep you posted...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Last month they had $1,000 conquest money, and waived the first monthly payment. Don't know about this month.

Residuals do vary from model to model, but usually do not change within a model and different MSRPs. US Bank tends to have better lease rate than Ally. I didn't expect the dealers to spill the beans.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
13 Posts
probee773 said:
Thanks for the info Doodah. I am going to speak with a dealer today.

As far as the "money factor" or interest rate goes, regardless of syntax or variability, I still think it's important since it is part of the calculation for a lease payment. :) However, I think maybe the most important piece of info, but also probably the most difficult to find, is how much money Cadillac is contributing to the deal. I'll let everyone know what the dealer says...
If you go to Edmunds.com you can typically get all the incentives for every manufacture.

----------

Atswatcher said:
Last month they had $1,000 conquest money, and waived the first monthly payment. Don't know about this month.

Residuals do vary from model to model, but usually do not change within a model and different MSRPs. US Bank tends to have better lease rate than Ally. I didn't expect the dealers to spill the beans.
They absolutely change. A Navi car will have a higher MSRP and residual vs a non Navi. Do your research. More options typically means higher resale value. Period.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Doodah said:
If you go to Edmunds.com you can typically get all the incentives for every manufacture.

----------

They absolutely change. A Navi car will have a higher MSRP and residual vs a non Navi. Do your research. More options typically means higher resale value. Period.
I see you are talking about the absolute residual value. But no one talks like that, when people ask about residual, they are asking the %, such as the 62% posted above.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am getting good numbers in my lease search. I was quoted with a residual of 58% from MSRP and money factor of 0.0005. Thats on top of money off the car. Im not really a conquest sale as I drive a Ford now so they didnt really pitch any incentives to me but also took a significant amount of money off the car. I havent signed the paperwork yet but probably wil by the end of the week. I would suggest shopping online. I found the online sales departments to be much more responsive and ready to make a deal a lot faster than traditional.

EDIT: My pricing is based on a 36 month 15k/year lease

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
It looks like pricing and financials are getting better. The MF= 0.0005 x 2400 = 1.2% interest is pretty good. I got my car 2.5 months ago and I got 0.0006 MF or 1.44% interest. My car was a premium MSRP of $51,480 and the residual was 59% for 10k miles/year for 39 months. I got the car for $400 over invoice. Not a bad deal then, but things are getting better. One guy got a MF of 0.00015, but I think that is not easy to get. Don't forget the acquisition fees, which are typical around $740.

·
Registered
246 Posts
AdamVIP said:
I am getting good numbers in my lease search. I was quoted with a residual of 58% from MSRP and money factor of 0.0005. Thats on top of money off the car. Im not really a conquest sale as I drive a Ford now so they didnt really pitch any incentives to me but also took a significant amount of money off the car. I havent signed the paperwork yet but probably wil by the end of the week. I would suggest shopping online. I found the online sales departments to be much more responsive and ready to make a deal a lot faster than traditional.

EDIT: My pricing is based on a 36 month 15k/year lease
The 1,000 conquest was provided by Ally last month, your 0.0005 mf is probably from US Bank. I don't know if US Bank ever provided conquest money.

Typically dealers cannot modify residuals (%), but they can mark up lease rates. Although reading the ads, they seem to imply dealers can also play the residuals, maybe Ally does it differently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts