Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Black on Beige CTS-V
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James,

In one of Joey's threads, you said that if the dealer tries to order the old diff, it is now overridden by the computer and the new diff is ordered. Does that mean that all replacement diffs are now the new part #?? I have been putting off taking my car in to get the diff replaced because I was under the impression that the new part # wouldn't be available until next year sometime.

If every replacement is the new diff now, I am off to the dealership next week.....

Thanks.

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
crazyfast said:
James,

In one of Joey's threads, you said that if the dealer tries to order the old diff, it is now overridden by the computer and the new diff is ordered. Does that mean that all replacement diffs are now the new part #?? I have been putting off taking my car in to get the diff replaced because I was under the impression that the new part # wouldn't be available until next year sometime.

If every replacement is the new diff now, I am off to the dealership next week.....

Thanks.
Unless the dealer in question has one of the old differentials in stock there aren't any of the old part numbers available. And, if you put the old part number in to order it changes to the new number. We've ordered 3 so far and the one that was delivered was the new number. We're still waiting on 2 of them to come in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts