Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
96 FWB
752 Posts
Wew! I made sure to check, and at least mine are not that brand. My collection included no fewer than 8 3-tonners BEFORE I read about fatalities from accidentally kicking off the handle from the pawl. I know it sounds like low probability but I don't like anything above 0% involving safety.

I had already wanted higher raise possible with 6-ton, so I found out about the safety locking and treated myself to a set of these:

Mission accomplished, and being able to reduce one more of my wife's concerns when I'm working underneath is just a perq....

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't make it too easy for her to walk by and kick out that handle.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
6 ton jack stand, Harbor Freight, come on guys, I like shopping there just as much as the next person, but I buy their tools with the understanding, "It's going to fail, heck it might already be broken,." It's not all bad. Seriously, when I work under my car, I always stick something under it that God would have to put his foot on in order to crush it if the wheels are off the ground, and if they're off the car, I usually push them under it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts