Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to jack the engine up to install the headers? :hmm: I know it's not in the instructions but I thought it was required on most cars.

Do we have enough clearance so it's not necessary? Thanks! :cool2:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
Has anyone had to jack the engine up to install the headers? :hmm: I know it's not in the instructions but I thought it was required on most cars.

Do we have enough clearance so it's not necessary? Thanks! :cool2:
NONOOONO they go in and out from the bottom of car. DO NOT jack up engine. Its not that hard of a job to do, if its your first time should take you 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be using stainless works headers though...not B&B. Still think no lifting will be required? I hope so. I would guess that will make it a lot easier!!!

This is my first ever header install! :cool2:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
You can get away with not jacking up the car if you have a service trench. :thepan:

You will not be able to disconnect the oxygen sensors nor mate the header to the connector pipe (on either side) without getting underneath the car.

This is what you want to do first as you need the leverage from the headers being mounted to break the grip of the bolts and nuts on the connector flanges and sensors.

Be SAFE! Chock the rear wheels and use jack stands.

You don't want this to be your first and last time working on your V.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind getting under the car.

Sorry I was talking about lifting the engine not the car in post #5. I'm using stainless works headers so do you still think I will NOT have to lift the engine?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts