Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the jacking points of a SRX 2011, using a standard jack and stands? Can anyone tell me where to put the jack and the stands securely?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what kind of jack you're using but if it's the one that came with the car page 10-91 of your owner's manual shows the jacking locations. Here is a link to the manual if you don't have one.
Thank you for your response. I will be using a floor jack and 3 ton stands. So I was wondering where were the best jacking points under the car. This model does not have a spare tire, so it does not come with the little jack and the floor stand does not fit the little notches under the doors, so I do not want to damage that area. If you have a pic or something to show me where are the best points I would really appreciate it. I would like to use the floor jack from the center front and rear of the car, so I can put both stands at front or at the rear sides at the same time, but where do I do that?

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
224 Posts
This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slot...ocphy=9021701&hvtargid=pla-611380604386&psc=1

The advantage is it is magnetic so it stays on the care when you forget to remove it. My wife finds it all the time still attached to the car.

For the jackstands I use a 2x4 about 9 inches long and place it on the metal frame right next to the jackpoints and put the jack stands on that. I will put the SRX on all four stands typically when doing tire or brake maintenance. So far so good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slot...ocphy=9021701&hvtargid=pla-611380604386&psc=1

The advantage is it is magnetic so it stays on the care when you forget to remove it. My wife finds it all the time still attached to the car.

For the jackstands I use a 2x4 about 9 inches long and place it on the metal frame right next to the jackpoints and put the jack stands on that. I will put the SRX on all four stands typically when doing tire or brake maintenance. So far so good!
I'll try that. Thank you...

·
Registered
2013 Caddy SRX Luxury
392 Posts
I use a Hockey puck on the Jack and Jack stands

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
917 Posts
I use hardwood shims on either side. Really all you need to do is protect the pinch joint from folding over on you. What I'd really like to know though is where is the best place to position a floor jack and the best places to put your stands. This I've never seen posted anywhere and I don't think it's in the manual either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it is not in the manual but thanks for your reply. Do you know of have the diagram of how to change the front passenger door lock actuator?

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,826 Posts
I use hardwood shims on either side. Really all you need to do is protect the pinch joint from folding over on you. What I'd really like to know though is where is the best place to position a floor jack and the best places to put your stands. This I've never seen posted anywhere and I don't think it's in the manual either.
A safe rule of thumb for any vehicle is to look for where the suspension control arms mount to the subframe or chassis. Those mounting points are going to be stout, and will be safe for jacking and/or jack stands.

Unibody cars (basically, everything on the road other than big pick-ups and truck-based SUVs like an Escalade) have front and rear subframes. They may be called a cross-member, engine support, diff support, whatever. But they'll be big stamped steel or maybe cast aluminum pieces. Those, too, are stout and should be safe for jacking.

I don't have any pictures of the underside of an SRX to show you. However, if you search for GMC Terrain or Chevy Equinox jack points on Google you'll find some useful pics. (The Terrain and Equinox are based on the same platform, so they're going to be very similar underneath the skin.)

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
917 Posts
That's a good idea. I didn't know that the Chevs were that similar, but I'll take your word for it and see what can find. Maybe one of the helpful members here will create an image of the bottom of the car with the safe points clearly marked. I've only jacked the Caddy a few times, but it always involves head scratching. Seems no matter where I put the floor jack it's also the best place to put the stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A safe rule of thumb for any vehicle is to look for where the suspension control arms mount to the subframe or chassis. Those mounting points are going to be stout, and will be safe for jacking and/or jack stands.

Unibody cars (basically, everything on the road other than big pick-ups and truck-based SUVs like an Escalade) have front and rear subframes. They may be called a cross-member, engine support, diff support, whatever. But they'll be big stamped steel or maybe cast aluminum pieces. Those, too, are stout and should be safe for jacking.

I don't have any pictures of the underside of an SRX to show you. However, if you search for GMC Terrain or Chevy Equinox jack points on Google you'll find some useful pics. (The Terrain and Equinox are based on the same platform, so they're going to be very similar underneath the skin.)
I will do that. Thank you...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts