Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick check of camber and toe on my new (to me) '07 -V and found the front end a little out of adjustment, which is what I expected, since the steering wheel is off just a bit. So after responses to a recent post which Darkman provided the alignment instructions, I found I needed a J 45845 tool to move the lower A arm on the front suspension. Not wanting to pay $120 for one, I built my own, using 5/8 inch, 4 5/8 nuts, all thread, and two Category 0 to Category ! bushings from Tractor Supply. I welded short pieces of all thread, after grinding a groove in them, on the bushings and A little welding and the finished product is below:

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Cts-v 2007 Cts 3.6l (SOLD)
32 Posts
Nice work. I've work in shops for years and we have always used home made camber tools. With a little thought and timr you have a $100-200 tool for $10.

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is a better photo of the business end of the tool. I chucked the short piece in a drill press and used a grinder to make the groove.I used the grinder to "chisel point" the end that was welded to the bushing.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts