Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior lights: My dome lights work when manually turned on (i.e. if I press the button). They don't light up when I open my doors or rear hatch at night though. Is this a fuse issue? Or a setting issue? No, the dimmer isn't turned all the way down, checked that.

Dash/Speedo: Over the past two weeks i've had this happen a handful of times randomly. I'll start the escalade, and the speedo cluster will be completely dead. After about 30-45 seconds, it kicks on, and I get a warning message that says "Tire Service Monitor". I can reset this by turning the car off and then turning it back on again and it goes away. Any ideas? I've searched and it appears that tire service monitor is related to a tpms sensor going bad, but again, i get this warning sporadically, and even weirder, it causes my whole gauge cluster to be shut down temporarily when the car starts.

Rear seat audio/hvac floor controls: The rear passenger controls that are located on the back of the center console get hot. Like really hot. Almost too hot to touch. This is weird, what gives?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Snowboarder said:
Interior lights: My dome lights work when manually turned on (i.e. if I press the button). They don't light up when I open my doors or rear hatch at night though. Is this a fuse issue? Or a setting issue? No, the dimmer isn't turned all the way down, checked that.

Dash/Speedo: Over the past two weeks i've had this happen a handful of times randomly. I'll start the escalade, and the speedo cluster will be completely dead. After about 30-45 seconds, it kicks on, and I get a warning message that says "Tire Service Monitor". I can reset this by turning the car off and then turning it back on again and it goes away. Any ideas? I've searched and it appears that tire service monitor is related to a tpms sensor going bad, but again, i get this warning sporadically, and even weirder, it causes my whole gauge cluster to be shut down temporarily when the car starts.

Rear seat audio/hvac floor controls: The rear passenger controls that are located on the back of the center console get hot. Like really hot. Almost too hot to touch. This is weird, what gives?
Something sounds bad really bad
The interior lights do have a override switch check that to see if it has been pressed

The gauges sounds like a loose connection if not a bad soldier joint in the cluster if not the truck body controller

I would want to get a replacement unit for the rear controls given how they are doing as that isn't normal I know the rear controls in my 03 rarely get warm(this may be related to the gauges doing weird stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something sounds bad really bad
The interior lights do have a override switch check that to see if it has been pressed
That was it. Easy fix.

I would want to get a replacement unit for the rear controls given how they are doing as that isn't normal I know the rear controls in my 03 rarely get warm(this may be related to the gauges doing weird stuff.
Just checked on ebay. I can get a replacement unit for $40-$60. Worth a shot at that price I think.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Snowboarder said:
That was it. Easy fix.

Just checked on ebay. I can get a replacement unit for $40-$60. Worth a shot at that price I think.
Get one but make sure it will work with the y91 rpo code which is the lux radio and amp code.

·
Registered
2003 ESV
326 Posts
I used to have the dead gauge cluster issue. Seems like I had that happen a few times when my battery was old and on it's way out. It's almost like the cluster needs x amount of juice to fire up. If the battery wasn't supplying it, it wouldn't fire up. Shut the truck down and start it up again and the speedo would work. New battery and no more problems. I also had my cluster repaired by digitalguy_1 on ebay. That might have done it as well. The problem was intermittent, so, hard to say which was the root cause. Hasn't happened in a very long time now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to have the dead gauge cluster issue. Seems like I had that happen a few times when my battery was old and on it's way out. It's almost like the cluster needs x amount of juice to fire up. If the battery wasn't supplying it, it wouldn't fire up. Shut the truck down and start it up again and the speedo would work. New battery and no more problems. I also had my cluster repaired by digitalguy_1 on ebay. That might have done it as well. The problem was intermittent, so, hard to say which was the root cause. Hasn't happened in a very long time now.
Hmmm. Good idea. Truck has 106k on it, and i'm assuming it's the original battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts