Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who know this car, I'm new to a CT6 and have several things I'm wondering about and hopefully can get some insight from experts here ;)

What's with the 3-beep horn alert I get only sometimes when I first get in? (like the Fob left in-car 2 beep when you leave).

My Auto-Off never seems to shut the engine off (I can turn it On/Off and the DIC say's On/Off when I do but it's Never shut off at a light)

Why do I have to pull the interior door pull Twice to get out?

What's with the "Terms Of Service" it keeps asking me to accept once I gave it my WiFi pw? (why would I agree to all that invasive stuff it says I'll allow them to monitor?)

Once, while driving "aggressively" (you know, just for Fun...) a Green Gear appeared next to the Drive indicator, why would it decide to do this only once? (I drive in Sport Mode usually)

And finally,,, NONE of you guys feel the need to connect their own diagnostic tool to your car, just to Know what's going on and not to Have to take the dealerships word for any issue? You don't look at TSB's or anything? I assume this because I asked about what I should upgrade to now that I have a 2019 system -> OK, so now that I've got a 2019 car, what scan tool???

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,200 Posts
My Auto-Off never seems to shut the engine off (I can turn it On/Off and the DIC say's On/Off when I
do but it's Never shut off at a light).
====> If this only happens on stops near where you started, the car isn't cool or heated to temp yet.

Why do I have to pull the interior door pull Twice to get out?
====> That is the manual pull, in case no power. If you press, unlock, you should only need to pull it once.

·
Registered
2019 CT6
133 Posts
The auto-off (start/stop) system will not turn off the engine if any of several conditions are present. They include low battery charge, cold engine, high load on the HVAC system, hood not latched properly, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The auto-off (start/stop) system will not turn off the engine if any of several conditions are present. They include low battery charge, cold engine, high load on the HVAC system, hood not latched properly, etc.

I'm actually aware of all of that, manual say's everything's got to be up-to-temp and I've been waiting until I took a trip over 1/2hr on the hiway to say it just Never shuts off (not that I'm complaining ;)). It's hot, no loads, no CEL, and I sit at stop light after stop light waiting to see that needle drop to Auto Off. I'm tellin' ya,,,, it's not working. I don't care just wondering about others experience with this "feature"...

I look into the programming for Unlock-when-in-P ~ Thx

The 3 beeps is still a mystery, I can't find any commonality to it doing this and don't see anything in the OM.

Still wondering if I'm the Only one here who would do their own repairs or diagnostics on their car though :)

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
487 Posts
it isn't just temp, if you have the A/C on and it is warm out the stop/start may not activate. Plus the battery charge has to be up to a certain level. Mine does the stop/start but sometimes if I haven't it for a say it won't do it the first day I drive it. The 3 beeps usually comes from taking the key fob out of the car and not shutting the driver door, then getting back in and shutting the door; you get the 3 beep warning for leaving the key fob in the car then.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,238 Posts
Compared to my previous car - 2016 CTS, the CT6 hardly ever goes into start/stop mode which is fine with me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys,,, you know this if FEBRUARY! - right? ;)

My A/C is Not on, I can't see anything that would prevent it from activating, and it's seems it's a kind of a "dormant" system for others too. NP, I was just curious.

I've paid close attention to the triple-beep now, again it only happens occasionally, but doesn't have anything to do with the doors state (left unlatched) but have discovered that, unlike my STS which was a 2-beep, the Fob-left-in-car is also a 3-beep. So maybe it's just confused, it thinks I'm leaving the car before I start.

Green Gear? Nobody gets a gear icon next to the D indicator when getting aggressive? (you guys don't ever drive that way? ;) ) ~hehe

And Finally, one more plea for an appropriate scan tool....

Thx So Much for the info so far!

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
487 Posts
The A/C is on unless you specifically turn it off, depending on where you live it may be trying to defog or lower the humidity. This may or may not cause the stop/start to not activate.

Green Gear from the manual:

Transmission Shift Mode
Sport or Track – Performance Shift
Features are enabled in Sport and
Track. Performance Shift Features
include Performance Algorithm
Liftfoot and Performance Algorithm
Shift. Performance Algorithm Liftfoot
(PAL) allows the transmission to hold
the current gear after a quick release
of a heavily applied accelerator pedal.
This provides greater engine braking
and enhanced vehicle control without
using the paddles. Performance
Algorithm Shift (PAS) recognizes
aggressive cornering, heavy braking,
and high acceleration to select and
hold lower gears when not using
paddles.
When PAL/PAS is activated, there is
an additional green gear symbol which
appears in the instrument cluster

display. See Gear Shifting Light 0 143.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I live in Georgia. My A/C is on every day
The Tech 2 not working on these cars? I heard there was a replacement?
As for fixing? As long as this car is under warranty, my ass ain't wrenching on it.. let some kid bust HIS knuckles on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what's with the SD Card for the "Video Recorder" not recognized?

I've tried several, latest one I bought just for this (others were 32G and manual recommends a 64) is a SanDisk 170mb's Extreme Pro, Class 10 - all that stuff (specifically for Video) says the same thing "No SD card Found".

It's not a Micro, Full size, came eFAT (manual says FAT or NTFS) so I did a Full Format to NTFS and,,, still says no card found. This is in the slot founf at the RR corner of the trunk.

Anybody have any insight?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts