1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumped my CTS-V for the STS-V....

A brief history:
Picked up a new 04CTS-V (Platinum) as my Daily Driver when they first came out (traded my 00STS for it) and promptly set off modding the hell out of it (to the tune of almost 20K). Rear end took a dump twice, GM refused the 3rd based on my engine mods (h/c, intake/headers/pipes/clutch, etc) car made over 400hP at the rear wheels. Decided to keep the car anyway and have a custom rear end done. Mistake. Made tons of noise, but was bullet-proof. I couldnt see keeping the car another 2-5 years with all the noise. I took a bath on it financially...
Traded it last week for an 07 GM PEP STS-V that I got a great deal on (4600 miles, just under 50K) but I was upside down on my CTS-V, so I had another bath coming....:want::tisk::thehand: Seems as if cars just kick my ass.
Anyway, so far, the STS-V is everything I need it to be, quiet, quick and luxo. I am a longtime GM guy and a longtimer on this board - usually spend my time on the CTS-V side of things, but Ill be here more often now for reasons which are obvious - (owner and now your STS-V Board Moderator).
Just wanted to say hey...if you have any questions/concerns/moderator needs, please let me know.:thumbsup:

F

·
Registered
Cadillac
185 Posts
Any plans on modding the STS-V?:stirpot:
Sounds like you went "all-out" on the CTS-V.
Keep us posted.
Pics of your new Caddy would be nice.:)
Welcome to the STS group!:thumbsup:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any plans on modding the STS-V?:stirpot:
Sounds like you went "all-out" on the CTS-V.
Keep us posted.
Pics of your new Caddy would be nice.:)
Welcome to the STS group!:thumbsup:
Theres not much to be done to the STS-V, and by doing so Id be going down the same road to rear diff. destruction. I may do a tune and exhaust, but thats IT, I promise. :bigroll:

F

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Theres not much to be done to the STS-V, and by doing so Id be going down the same road to rear diff. destruction. I may do a tune and exhaust, but thats IT, I promise. :bigroll:

F
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:...... OK, I've regained my composure now.
I've got to go back over to the CTS-V board now... where I belong

·
Registered
Cadillac
185 Posts
She's a beauty.:worship:
Like new & spotless!
And a great price to boot.
Good choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
F-
I have followed your travails with your CtS-V, but I sure didn't see this coming! Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you will love it.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F-
I have followed your travails with your CtS-V, but I sure didn't see this coming! Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you will love it.
I think the "didnt see it coming" sentiment is prevalent. It was a festering wound....and time to heal it.

F

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
As you may recall, I too came from the CTS side of the board (not V though). You'll find it a bit quieter over here. I've been away for 4 days and I had less than 10 threads to catch up on! If you want to keep your post count up (and continue to share your wisdon with the CTS-V folks), you'll still need to head to the "other" V forum! I'm rather interested to see how a recovering modaholic does with this car....

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Well, he can always just do a stage 1 D3 setup good for 525 hp, and he may enjoy that as much as I have. I am similar to him and have modded the hell out of many of my vehicles, including the last 05 Vette I had! Same problem rear end couldn't support the power, and then I needed more room than just one passenger! Plus since they leave the torque management , and the car peals out easily the rear should hold up better than the stock vette guys!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, he can always just do a stage 1 D3 setup good for 525 hp, and he may enjoy that as much as I have. I am similar to him and have modded the hell out of many of my vehicles, including the last 05 Vette I had! Same problem rear end couldn't support the power, and then I needed more room than just one passenger! Plus since they leave the torque management , and the car peals out easily the rear should hold up better than the stock vette guys!
Heres my problem....I have easy access to the GMPP parts bin and a dyno. I can go mod crazy for little $'s. I bet a dollar to a donut I could get 650+ RWHP out of this N*, but I feel that Id be back in the same boat....a custom solution to the rear, and I dont want to be there again. So...maybe a pulley, exhaust and tune, grab another 25-50HP and be done with it.

F

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Florian
i love you...
beautiful car
how much did u get for your v?
WOW....I can feel the love from here!!! :inlove::lick::leghump::badger::hi2u:
thanks for the props.....I spent more in mods than I got for my car.....:want::tisk::eek: But I had 70K+ hard miles on it, and it showed.

F

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
damn
i woulda prob bought it from you had i not of just got my STS
you shoulda settled on your STS-V 3 mths back!

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Very nice, F. That's my choice for my next car as well. Maybe next year....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts