Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and all this time I was defending the FOSS members and agreeing that I would prefer a RWD to FWD. I even ASPIRED to membership in this select group.

:(

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
LOL, I wouldnt worry too much about it. It's a shame so many people around here needlessly bash some really great cars. I've said this before and here it is again. My Cadillac ownership experience would NOT have been any different had my Seville been RWD. For those of you that like modifying and racing, I completely understand where you are coming from on this FWD/RWD issue. But most Cadillac drivers aren't into doing that and for them the FWD is just fine. People like me for instance.

Besides the fleetwood is really unattractive, exterior, interior(especially dashboard). Thats my opnion, for those of you that love their fleetwoods, cool. I don't.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I wasn't happy to see that either and that's the reason I replied with what I said. I don't really think he meant any harm by it - but over the internet it's very difficult to tell if somebody is just messing around or serious. Nonetheless, it makes people uncomfortable so I wish people would think twice before saying some things...

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Brett said:
Besides the fleetwood is really unattractive, exterior, interior(especially dashboard). Thats my opnion, for those of you that love their fleetwoods, cool. I don't.
Now I've been insulted! :mad:

IMHO, Cadillac hasn't made a really good looking car since 1967. Every model since then requires you to except some design flaws.

I guess thats what makes us unique enthusiasts, we buy these cars despite their faults.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sal Collaziano said:
I wasn't happy to see that either and that's the reason I replied with what I said. I don't really think he meant any harm by it - but over the internet it's very difficult to tell if somebody is just messing around or serious. Nonetheless, it makes people uncomfortable so I wish people would think twice before saying some things...
But he hurt my feelings! :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Now I've been insulted! :mad:

IMHO, Cadillac hasn't made a really good looking car since 1967. Every model since then requires you to except some design flaws.

I guess thats what makes us unique enthusiasts, we buy these cars despite their faults.
Take no offense, its just my opinion. What matters is you like the car. What I have a problem with is saying FWD sucks for no other reason than you dont like it. If someone said something like "well I wouldnt buy FWD because it doesnt quite feel the same through the twisties or im really looking to mod the car" then that would be cool. But to constantly rag on the FWD and say its not a Cadillac is crazy. I got news for everybody, the only current Cadillac that fits in the common definition on this forum (Big, RWD, V8) is the 2wd Escalade.

Maybe its time for a RWD fleetwood forum, this is the one group we have here that consistently wont respect the other members.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Their definition of a real Cadillac doesn't even have a Cadillac engine :rolleyes: :D

A real Caddy is RWD? is it so that the elderly can do fishtails? The definition of a Cadillac has always been about comfort over performance. We were never the target market for these cars, yet some of us use our preferences to define what is a Cadillac.

Is a 65 year old going to think that their FWD Deville is not a real Cadillac because they suck at launching and they understeer under high-speed cornering? Or are they going to think it is a Cadillac because of the quiet ride, high tech features, and big chrome?

PS- I also think its time for a LT1/L05 Fleetwood section. Not because of this, but because there so many of you! :cool:

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
A real Cadillac is define by the comfort it gives you on the road, the respect you get. I don't like most FWD but will never say no to a Eldorado.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
lol you and Wes BOTH got dissed. Doublediss! BURRRRRRN!

but, we are all one big happy family, so quit cho bitchin kids.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Re: I'm a CRYBABY

Brett said:
Take no offense, its just my opinion. What matters is you like the car. What I have a problem with is saying FWD sucks for no other reason than you dont like it. If someone said something like "well I wouldnt buy FWD because it doesnt quite feel the same through the twisties or im really looking to mod the car" then that would be cool. But to constantly rag on the FWD and say its not a Cadillac is crazy. I got news for everybody, the only current Cadillac that fits in the common definition on this forum (Big, RWD, V8) is the 2wd Escalade.

Maybe its time for a RWD fleetwood forum, this is the one group we have here that consistently wont respect the other members.
1st off Elvis i apologize if i insulted you because you drive a Honda and don't own a Cadillac "yet" I was talking to Katshot and just Joking around a bit > didn't mean to insult anyone on here.
Brett, I own 2 FWD Cadillacs and they are Nice cars and i have enjoyed them but the "Unattractive Fleetwoods" as you call them fit the bill for me! I love the looks, Interior room, styling and Performance they have to offer, all of which "my FWD Cadillacs" Don't have > Why else would i be in the market for a car thats already 10 years old! :spin:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts

SoundAdvantage said:
Brett, I own 2 FWD Cadillacs and they are Nice cars and i have enjoyed them but the "Unattractive Fleetwoods" as you call them fit the bill for me! I love the looks, Interior room, styling and Performance they have to offer, all of which "my FWD Cadillacs" Don't have > Why else would i be in the market for a car thats already 10 years old! :spin:
Awesome. Thats what this is all about, buy what you like/love. I would never call a Fleetwood Junk or not a real Cadillac just because I think its ugly. I'm one man, and all I have is one opinion. All I hope, is that the Fleetwood guys treat the FWD guys the same way, tell me how much you hate FWD, but don't tell me my car is junk or somehow not a real Cadillac. If we all do this, we're gonna have a fun time on this site for a long time.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts

Brett said:
I would never call a Fleetwood Junk or not a real Cadillac just because I think its ugly....All I hope, is that the Fleetwood guys treat the FWD guys the same way...
So I can call the SLS an ugly car and that'd be ok? :D

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts

It took me awhile to start liking Fleetwoods. I'll always prefer the looks of the new STS or the ole ETC - but I can't afford one of those. I starting looking at DeVilles and the ones I've sat in 94-96 have seats like wooden benches. So, I started looking into the Fleetwoods and they grew on me. They're the most comfortable cars I've ever sat in with the softest seats - have tons and tons of room - and great, great power.. Altogether, an excellent combination... But, I still think the nicest looking Caddies are the newest Eldorados and Sevilles...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts

Sal Collaziano said:
It took me awhile to start liking Fleetwoods. I'll always prefer the looks of the new STS or the ole ETC - but I can't afford one of those. I starting looking at DeVilles and the ones I've sat in 94-96 have seats like wooden benches. So, I started looking into the Fleetwoods and they grew on me. They're the most comfortable cars I've ever sat in with the softest seats - have tons and tons of room - and great, great power.. Altogether, an excellent combination... But, I still think the nicest looking Caddies are the newest Eldorados and Sevilles...
Wooden benches? Have you had too much wine and lasagna this evening sal?

Dude the DeVille interior is practically identical to the Fleetwood interior of the same year pattern! (94-96) I find the DeVille front seats quite supportive of my ass and when I desire comfort, I sit in on the rear couch!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts

LOL, thats my wifes car, you can say whatever you want about it.

Seriously though, I hope you dont think I'm being sarcastic, I truly believe in the thoughts I've put forth here

1 - 20 of 56 Posts