Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here it goes.

1. The speedometer flashes when "85" mph is reached. Is this due to a governor or the fact that the computer isn't programmed to read past that speed?
2. The door locks work but I have to push the lock tab all the way down to hear the lock click. What's the issue?
3. The front and rear lamp monitors both do not work. All fuses are good. Could this be a break in the wiring?
4. The fiber optic cables in the brake lights are dangling. Is there any way to pop them back in? I can't seem to get them to go in for the love of God.
5. When the wipers shut off, they do not retract all the way. They lay partially on the windshield. Are the motors worn?
6. How in heck do I replace the lights for the exterior door locks?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
1. Normal speedo limit
2. Lube the lock bell cranks
3. see line 4
4. Inspect for proper position, clean ends, lube with silicone spray and pray for the love of God.
5. Could be a loose adjustment at the wiper transmission.
6. Another fiber optic issue. Remove the door panel, trace and inspect the fiber optic cable from the lock cyl. down to the bulb.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The illumination for the exterior door lock cyl. comes from the courtesy light at the bottom of the door panel. A fibre optic line runs from the back of the light reflector up to the back of the lock cyl. The lamp monitors have no connection to electricity. They are fibre optic lines that plug into the back of a bulb socket and plug into the indicator at the rear window and at tops of the front fenders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts