Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the various videos interduced , i think this is the most clear one and just cuts out all the argument of a drag race between the M5 & V2 below 150 MPH, now for something above 150 MPH.

This was posted by one of M5 Forum Members, i think they wouldnt be able to say much this time like they did every other time. (Car wasnt in S6, RPM didnt go to 8750, M5 started late ... etc) :banghead:

Good Kill ... :lildevil:

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
With the various videos interduced , i think this is the most clear one and just cuts out all the argument of a drag race between the M5 & V2 below 150 MPH, now for something above 150 MPH.

This was posted by one of M5 Forum Members, i think they wouldnt be able to say much this time like they did every other time. (Car wasnt in S6, RPM didnt go to 8750, M5 started late ... etc) :banghead:

Good Kill ... :lildevil:

M5 vs V2 40 MPH - 150 MPH
your not going to believe this--the BMW guy posted this alright--and claims victory!

"said they were even at 150. I saw this race three times in the original post..the V doesn't just win..it walks away easily all three times.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/139921-my-m5-vs-09-cts-v.html

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
296 Posts
LMAO! If you read the you tube comments, they act like that M5 really took off and caught him at the end. Maybe he hit the nitrous. lol

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
ROFL! "Too soon, Junior!".
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

euro snobs unite, what else would expect them to claim ?
Get real, they would claim they won no matter what.... sounds just like the same things that are happening in the world today.

Claim you won and avoid the truth.

The V obviously won, you can see the V put his brakes on as the m5 catches up

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
A new twist to the old '80's Buick GN license plate frame "We brake for corvettes"
"Caddy brakes for bimmers"

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
332 Posts
I just traded my M5 for the CTS-V. The M5 is fast top-end, but under 120mph, the V will be putting enough lengths on the M5 that it won't matter. The M5's torque seems childish compared to the G-force inducing idle-to-redline roller coaster ride of the V.

Off the line, I also can't see an M5 beating the V.

Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
332 Posts
That vid says the M5 is chipped! Not that a chip makes a BIG difference, but it is definitely something to consider. Imagine if the CTS-V had the ECU tuned...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
V 3, M5 0 <epik fail> Denial is NOT a river in egypt, the V strutted away and let you catch up Mr. Bimmer.... sheesh

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
"Do runs from 70 and make sure you nail it at the right time, and you will win it."

starting to sound like honda civic drives with these race requests :histeric:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I don't know why I go and read those BMUU boards- it's always the same crap. "Yeah he smoked the M5, but the M5 has been out for 5 years, the Caddy is for old men, the BMW is better quality, blah blah blah snob snob snob...."

It's a race- that's it. They lost, so they change the subject to be about something other than the race (like the resale value or quality). It would be like a boxer getting his ass beat in a fight, but then claiming he's still the winner because his wife is hotter than the other guy's. That may or may not be true, but the fact remains that he still got his ass beat.

Anyone with a membership to that forum feel free to copy and paste this post there.

·
Banned
Cadillac
834 Posts
agreed with TTS... M BOARD... more like M BORED... cuz their same ol shiz bores me. until the Germs (lol) bring out a higher HP platform it will take those guys another $20k to play... on top of the $30k they overpaid ;)

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Where was the finish line? I see there was still road to travel and V was being caught. Or was the V slowing down?

·
Registered
CTS-V
85 Posts
It was too obvious that the V slowed down at the end! There is no way he could catch up like that; only if he had a minimum of 100 shot of nitrous. And the girl was saying "GO DADDY" :lol:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
replay the video if you look close you will notice the V's brake lights before the M5 gets close.....

What does that mean, any ideas ?

·
Registered
NONE
65 Posts
Maybe according to M5 pundits....He just turned on his headlights so the tale lights came on too....uh huh uh huh yeah Derrrr

1 - 20 of 46 Posts