Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Monday I dropped off my 05 V to the dealer for a final battery of warranty work along with a 45K service. My warranty is up on the 23rd so this could be it. Worked out mint to have a 45K done to help force a good once over too.

I complained about the broke gas cap, transmission again, the rough shut downs, the ebrake comming back up on me and that my trunk release didnt work at the car wash one day...

Mike is the tech who has worked on my car from the begining and has been on point.

First, He educated me on the fact that the trunk button wont release if the car is on to prevent accidental poppage....

Next, He called to inform me both of my engine mounts were split in half and he was replacing them along with the entire ebrake assembly and gas cappage.

I had an 09 DTS loaner for 4 days...what a boat. The cooling seats were my favorite option....it feels like a gold bond application without the talc haze, mess or medicated goodness smell...

Getting the car back was awesome. ITS TOTALLY A KEEEPER with the way it feels now! So much smoother, the gf was pumped when she hit the skip shift and the car didnt fall on its face and vibrate like crazy...it shuts down soooooooooooooooooooo much better. Its still a lil rough but you feel the mount dampening the vibrations...awesome.

Drove around all day today. Finally made that ride over to vettetech to speak with Joe about the 150 wet shot project im going to be exploring with him. Nice guy with all the right answers who owns a vette running a 150shot with 120K on the bottom end...

I purchased the spacers and the Eibach lowering springs today. Looks like ill be doing suspensions on my gf's e90 325i and the V during my staycation which occurs in a mere four working days.

So im pumped about all the hapenings today. Ill be getting tires next followed by a magnaflow.....nitrous looks like its gonna happen in August/September...

:woot4:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
As soon as the warranty is up, let the mods begin!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
You can pop the trunk with the car running as long as your ebrake is set.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
The diesel on shutdown now is the boat anchor flywheel coming to a stop.

Skip shift? $12 to remove that and the warranty won't be affected.

With all the work being done around here, soon as your warranty is up and your mounts go bad again there should be some options for replacements.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
The diesel on shutdown now is the boat anchor flywheel coming to a stop.
:yup:

you need this! wait, i need this! :hmm:

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive had the CAGS eliminator in my center console for a few months now. Ill do it when im doin the suspension. Im sure that 150 shot will accelerate the need for that flywheel...

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
naaa you need this:

LS7 clutch kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts