Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 DeVille DHS in Green Jewel Frost
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new here when you look at time since registered, but it's been so long since I've been in here that it's time to re-acclimate and get comfortable once again. I'm down to one Cadillac, the newest I've had so far, an absolutely wonderful 2005 DeVille DHS in Green Jewel Frost. I look forward to spending time here again. I rarely say much, but I'll be around.

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,486 Posts
Welcome back! Post pix when you can. I'm not familiar with that paint color.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
317 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems I need to resize the photos I have, but the color was called Green Silk for a few years also, a very pleasant light green. It's not a color I've seen much of at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There she is at last. Other than looking for a stock grille and surround to replace the cheap Bentley style grille it has along with a few other mild modifications to make her mine, I'm extremely happy with this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
317 Posts
Wow. I'm a fan of that color. And honestly, with the amount of chrome you've got on this thing already, and with the mock top, I don't think the grill looks too bad. And I'm usually no fan of those aftermarket grills.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to color match the area that's body color from the factory and see how I like it then. Right now it doesn't flow. The aftermarket door pillar chrome and one remaining wheelwell trim are getting ready to come off.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,902 Posts
I'd like to color match the area that's body color from the factory and see how I like it then. Right now it doesn't flow. The aftermarket door pillar chrome and one remaining wheelwell trim are getting ready to come off.
===============================
I'd like to color match the area that's body color from the factory and see how I like it then.
I agree - like the mesh grill - HATE the chrome "wings" -

painting that is going to require a LOT of work -
you'll have to grind the chrome off - then prep the plastic for paint -

The aftermarket door pillar chrome and one remaining wheelwell trim are getting ready to come off.
then get rid of those crappy vogue tires and get something good - Michelin or Cooper -

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The garbage tires are going away this weekend along with the Vogue branded center caps, which I've never liked (my SLS had the same caps on different wheels and I hated them too). I'm going with Goodyear tires, as I part-time for a commercial Goodyear dealer.
The relatively unique color combination is what originally caught my eye when my boss bought it and I picked it up from him for the outrageous price of $1900. It needed both motor mounts and both trans mounts along with valve cover gaskets, which have all been taken care of. It is by far the best of the few Cadillacs I've owned, although I miss my '84 Sedan DeVille, even 12 years after the quiet death it suffered.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,150 Posts
Nice car - in most respects. Yes, try to find a color-matched grille. The rinky-tinky screen look is a waste. You might take a look at the Cooper CS5-V series of tires. Quiet (depending on road surface), long-wearing, sticky on the curves. Overall traction-wise much better than the Vuglies. Best of all, it's a real Deville, the last of the breed.

Once in a while get out to the boonies and drive it like you stole it. The engine will love you for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've noticed that it really likes to be driven hard, especially through curves. I wouldn't take it on a road course but it's an extremely enthusiastic machine considering the size and suspension.
I like the fact that it's a final year DeVille, especially since my first Cadillac was a final year RWD DeVille. I've had it a month now and I could not be happier with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been a little while, and I've made some changes. I butchered the grille with my pneumatic ziz wheel, blacked it out with the paint cleaned off of the "points" and installed a factory surround from a matching green '05 at a local Pick Your Part. The wheels are 2005 Impala with the cheapest 5X4.5 spider caps I could find and 16" beauty rings, wrapped in 225/60R16 pinstripe whitewalls. I elected to keep the chrome pillar trim and door handle covers.
74673166_10206746425456976_6565789008738123776_o.jpg

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,150 Posts
Nice work. The wheels/tires actually fit right in with the car and window coloring. The solid black wheel seems to lower the car visually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. It has been lowered slightly also. I hated the chromed six spoke wheels with and without the Vogues, so the wheels were the first change I made, even before the chrome for them arrived.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts