Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well people, it's gone. I don't know what happened, but it is gone. The Cadillac is gone. All I know is that Tuesday night, the cops told me to move my car from off the street, and I did. But I had to move it back the next morning. Why? All the other cars were parked on the street so why do I have to move MY car!? Well, Wednesday evening I return home from work and the Cadillac is gone. And I know what happened too. Some lady had it towed because it was parked in front of her house. I haven't driven it in a week because I had my mom's car. The old lady doesn't like me too much for some reason. I don't know why. You know what though, I am not going to go get it. It has gotten me in so much trouble since I bought it. It can stay where it is. Luckily I didn't pay much or put too much into the car. I ain't mad though. Hollywood is happy! And he will be at the dealer later on looking at another Cadillac!!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
At least go GET it! How much would it cost to get it out of the impound? I'm sure it won't be more than the car is worth.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man impound costs are ridiculous here. I don't want to go back down there. I've been down there once, and they might try to pull some stuff on me because of the fact that the cop told me to move it in the first place and I didn't. They are real shady like that downtown. The car ain't worth all the trouble. Believe me man!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
give me the address, i'll go get it .... I need another cadi anyways

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts
I lived in Northeast Ohio back in the 70's, when Kucinich was mayor of Cleveland. We used to call it "The Mistake on the Lake"!!

I'd go and get it. The cops aren't going to do anything. Have the woman's car towed. It IS a public street, correct? Unless you were parked in a handicapped or no parking zone, I can't see how someone could have your car towed because they don't like it in front of their house.

Or..... Report it stolen.

·
Registered
89 Posts
why go get it......

Wait till the police have their auction - all unclaimed recovered stolen property, as well as unclaimed vehicles are usually sold by auction.

contact the local police dept. or local auction houses to find out how frequently auctions are held - and where/when.

Advance viewing is permitted - usually 1 - 2 days in advance.

Also check out

www.stealitback.com

california based police online auction...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am pretty tempted to go and get it. But this lady has done this before when I didn't drive the car for a week. She may have said that it was abandoned or something. She thinks that I don't know who it is. But really though, I can't go and dish out some more cash on this car to get it out. This is the 2nd time for goodness sakes!! It is a small residential neighborhood where the people kinda hate the new folks.(we're new) They did us real wrong when we moved over there. I thought about reporting it stolen, but that is too much. Is it? I mean like I said, I didn't pay a lot of money for it nor did I get a lot of repairs to it, so I am not all that worried. We always got the other cars here, and plus I wanted to get rid of it anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You could always explain the situation to the police - then the police would investigate - if in fact the neighbor has done this to you - and has called the police to report an "abandoned" vehicle - knowing full well it is yours - then she amy be charged by the police with "mischief."

Then you would get your car back at no charge because it was wrongfully towed.

This is assuming all the paters were in order -etc.

You had mentioned that the police had asked you to move it - what was that about????

Was it police, or bylaw enforcement officers????

I have had a dog stolen - reported it stolen - 5 days later I go to the pound - there is my dog. They want over $100 for me to get the dog - I say" it was stolen", and gave them the police file #.

Instantly got my dog for free.

But a caution - do not phone and say it was stolen - if it wasn't - then you could face charges.

Cops hate being jerked around - if the neighbor is jerking them around as well - the cops will give her her just reward......

Was the car an eyesore??
Driveable??
Plates, insurance & registration current??

Sometimes neighbors are the best reason for living in the sticks!!!

several years ago we had a neighbor kid who thought that when his parents left it was PARTY time - stereo rocking our house.....

5 noise bylaw tickets later, and one charge of criminal mischief (for repeatedly not heeding the cops instructions to shut the H*** up), then the neighbor (Dad) stepps in - takes it to court, spent over $3000 on lawyer, audiologist, etc., and put enough doubt in the judge's mind and it was stayed....

The city is the one who took it to court - not me....

One year later we moved to the country - love it out here.....

Best of luck to you with your neighbors

PP

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I was gonna ask the year/model, but in your profile it says a '90 DeVille....

....atleast pick it up.... I can't imgine anyone not loving their car enough, a Caddy especally that they woudl claim it from the impound....

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Yeah, even for $100, you could part it out and get a good 1000 for it, esp if you have a place to keep it indefinitely......

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
elwesso said:
Yeah, even for $100, you could part it out and get a good 1000 for it, esp if you have a place to keep it indefinitely......
Yeah, there you go. Rat the neighbor out to the cops, get her charged with mischief. Get the car back free, park it in the same place. Strip the saleable parts on the street & store them at your place. Leave the carcass in front of her house on blocks. She may be leery about calling the cops again and/or they may not respond if she's been charged once.

Leave it there long enough to make your point, then have a scrapyard pick it up.

Ah, sweet revenge...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geeze, it seems like I haven't been on here in a while. Been talking to this girl...hehehe Anyway, I've spoken with the father, and he says that he shall go and get it for me. Oh boy! I would snitch on the lady that "I think" told, but I am not for sure that it is her. It could've been the people who live next door to me for all I know. I'm telling you all, the people on my street as pure bonafide assclowns. See the thing is though, I was going to get my new plates the day it was taken, and my 30 days expired the next day, so the previous evening the cop told me that they were expired and I was like huh? I didn't want to argue with a cop because he had a gun, so I moved it. Yes he was a cop. He had a gun and the car and everything. But this whole thing was confusing to me in the first place. The people told me that if I wanted to get customized plates, then I would have to get more 30 day tags. So I did, and waited 30 days. I know you all are like huh? That is how I am. It is real baffling and I am getting pissed off. I mean, if I get the car, I won't part it or nothing. It runs fine. Just needs a tuneup. But those guys at the impound rape those cars man!! I've seen them. They do some bad stuff to these peoples cars. Leaving lights on, smashing windows, sugar in tanks, denting, etc. Last time I sat and watched them. I am scared to know what they did to mine!!! Sorry for this long post guys. I gotta get back to work anyway. I'm not even on break yet!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
It is real baffling

But those guys at the impound rape those cars man!! I've seen them. They do some bad stuff to these peoples cars. Leaving lights on, smashing windows, sugar in tanks, denting, etc. Last time I sat and watched them. I am scared to know what they did to mine!!!
#1) I'm baffled, too. You telling us the whole story, Hollywood?

#2) All the more reason to get the car OUT of impound as soon as possible.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I am telling the whole story I think. I was tryna type so much in such little time cause I was at work, and everything came out like that. But my dad is going to get the car and straighten things out. Everything should be ok.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts