Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just never seems to stop. Last night a guy in a Dodge Stealth needed a spankin' so I just HAD to ablige him ;)

Then this morning a guy in a VW Passat actually raced me! People are going nuts out there. I mean what the hell is going on when a guy in a Cadillac can't go out without getting into a race:rolleyes:

I just wish my car was running better. She's in need of a tune-up. I've got a new radiator sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, the brakes are in TERRIBLE shape, and all of a sudden the other day the P/S started acting up. I almost don't want to drivr it. Almost, but not quite :devil:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Maybe I'll start a new company......Fleetwood Tow Service (FTS) Sounds like I'd have at least one customer! LOL!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
kcnewell said:
Maybe I'll start a new company......Fleetwood Tow Service (FTS) Sounds like I'd have at least one customer! LOL!!!
Oh, That's rich!!! LOL!:D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Katshot said:
It just never seems to stop. Last night a guy in a Dodge Stealth needed a spankin' so I just HAD to ablige him ;)

Then this morning a guy in a VW Passat actually raced me! People are going nuts out there. I mean what the hell is going on when a guy in a Cadillac can't go out without getting into a race:rolleyes:
LOL....it's because how sweet she looks! She has the.."I am ready to race so let's go"...look!:D If I pulled next to you..that would be the first thing I would think of..she's got the look!:banana:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just wait until I pull up in my P.O.S. Pontiac Sunbird.....It may barely run, but I got no shame I'll rev at you anyways.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Well, you WILL have to be on the ball to outrun one. For those who don't know, the Passat W8 is a V-8 equipped Passat which has 270 hp and 273 lb*ft of torque. 0-60 in 7.1 seconds, quarter mile in 15.4/93.1 (Motor Trend). In the world of street racing where the hole shot many times gets the win, it'd take you a little while to catch up to a W8 if he jumped you unexpectedly.

Of course, all us Caddy owners are always lookin' for races, so we'd never get jumped at a light, would we? ;)

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
The W is actually not a "V8". Viewed head on the pistons would form a W, hence the name. Ironic then that the letter W in German is pronounced V. They must really confuse themselves sometimes. "No its not a V, it's a V""thats what I said, V" and so on.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah, sorta. It's actually two banks of V-4 like engines that share a common crank. It's shaped very much like a V-8, but instead of each bank being an "inline-4", it's slightly V-shaped. So there are actually two identical banks of very narrow V-4 engines. So it's like a VV engine, which I guess they "abbreviate" as W. VV = W.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0210_vw/index2.html

In the spanish language, "V" is pronounced "beh". And "W" is pronounced "doubleh-beh", or "beh-doubleh", which literally translates to "double vee". That's probably similar to the germanic language, although I'm not up on my german, so I couldn't say for sure.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
The W-8 is cool, but pricey. Near 40k for a passat makes my skin crawl. Seems like an Audi would be a better choice at that point. As far as "SPRING", down here it was never winter :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, I think that if you are goin to buy a VolksWagen for 40 grand you might as well buy an Audi A4 or some other model Audi. Or you could even buy......oh i dont know......a Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Originally posted by jadcock
In the spanish language, "V" is pronounced "beh". And "W" is pronounced "doubleh-beh", or "beh-doubleh", which literally translates to "double vee". That's probably similar to the germanic language, although I'm not up on my german, so I couldn't say for sure.

What spanish are you talking about? In some spanish countries its doubleh-veh and in others its doubleh-ou.I know in Spain and Puerto Rico its doubleh-veh but in Mexico and Panama its doubleh-ou.
Now for Gemany the V sounds like fah and the W is double-fah
It don't matter. In my country (USA for you boneheads out there)its double-you and Vee.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mad'Lac knows what he's talking about.....It doesnt matter what it sounds like in other places.

I know that I am new and that I shouldn't pick on people yet but...in case ralph reads this.....how do they say it in canada? lol

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Mad'lac said:
What spanish are you talking about? In some spanish countries its doubleh-veh and in others its doubleh-ou.I know in Spain and Puerto Rico its doubleh-veh but in Mexico and Panama its doubleh-ou.
The Castillian Spanish dialect. Commonly spoken in Central/South America.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
jadcock