Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 cadillac sts v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the stock navigation in my 2006 cadillac sts v the one in there is broken. I tried calling dealership however they will not give me the number for the navigation system. Does anybody know what I should be looking for

Thanks

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
best idea is to pull out your current one and see what part number it has on it so you can obtain the correct replacement part.

However the question I have is what is wrong with the current system you have?

·
Registered
2006 cadillac sts v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nav screen is just black ive been reading that people have just removed the nav unit and just left it unplugged overnight and it worked after so i might try that although I have already ordered another one if that works I can just send it back and get my money back

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
maybe just disconnect your battery and touch the + - cables together for a minute. That will be easier than removing and unplugging the unit from the dash. Rebooting does wonders!

·
Registered
561 Posts
It has happened to me a few times while having my battery disconnected for different projects. I found that I had to do the rebooting procedure 2 or 3 times before it would come on. It acts like it is not getting power. But what I actually think is it wasn't getting the correct ground. I had a loose nut on the fender cable that had an S.A.E. nut on it that wouldn't tighten tightly.

It seemed like when I tightened it as tight as it would allow the radio would work. I replaced it with a metric nut on my last disconnect when I replaced my starter. You might want to check that.

I was going to post a pic but the site tells me I'm over my quota.:bigroll:

Oh well. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts