Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh sh#T! It was a dark, rainy, and foggy night.

I went to Shop and Save to pick up some milk and bread. Right in the middle of the parking lot is a shopping cart. WHAM ! ! Hit that sucker dead center. My bumper slides underneath the upper part of the cart perfectly. Not a scratch on it. The right front corner of the cart plants a big one right on my grill emblem. The grill can not be Super Glued. Now for the Q?. Where can I get a 92 Eldorado grill. The first thing I did when I got the car was to visit all the local junk yards looking for a parts car, Zippo. The 2nd. Q? is why do they paint shopping carts that light gray that's the same color as fog?
:banghead: Thanks for listening. savoo. P.S. I don't even what to think what the caddy dealer would get for a new one.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Re: Oh sh#T! It was a dark, rainy, and foggy night.

JerseyGirl added an ETC grille (From a 95 if memory serves)..... It made the car look years newer...... Id recommend doing that...... Especially since you have a reason to......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re; JerseyGirls ETC

Do you know what years a 92 eldorado series falls in? From what year to what year will fit my 92? What is a ETC grille? Thanks for the info. I'm slowly learning. savoo

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: Re; JerseyGirls ETC

Talk to Jerseygirl about it..... Again, I think any ETC grille should fit, since they didnt really change on the exterior........ The 92 eldorado is kind of by itself, with the 93 base.......

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
ETC grill stands for Eldorado Touring Coupe. They are body color instead of chrome.

92-94 will fit for sure. If JerseyGirl used a '95 grill, then 95-99 grills will probably fit too. There was a slight restyling partway through 99 ( I can't tell the difference), so those may or may not fit.

BTW, your sig says you have a '91 Eldo... Is it a misprint?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good luck with that grille btw. I have been searching for a grille for my 92 Eldo for about a month now and i have found nothing. Caddy wants at least 350 bucks for it. The 92 base model grille has the emblem on top of the grille the others were inside the grille. ETC have the grille painted not chrome.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Check ebay...... I bet youll find something there......

I think the ETC grilles look so much better...... The other ones kinda make it look older.... The ETC ones IMO make the car look much newer (as I said earlier).....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts