Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has 137,000 miles on it. In the past it always started immediately. Now it takes two to three attempts. Seems like there is not gas available to the injectors. Got some good ideas?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Claude.

It could be a number of things. When you first turn the key to on, without starting the engine, do you here the fuel pump turn on for a couple of seconds. It should do this to bring the line pressure up if it has dropped any.

You might also want to check your Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR here on the forums). Do a quick search for FPR and read up.

What kind of maintenance has been done to the vehicle? Also check for any stored codes. Post here any that you find.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Also (adding to what Eldyfig said) Maybe it's not getting gas instantly... Have you changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Just under the car behind the driver's side door, in front of the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eldyfig said:
Welcome to the forum, Claude.

It could be a number of things. When you first turn the key to on, without starting the engine, do you here the fuel pump turn on for a couple of seconds. It should do this to bring the line pressure up if it has dropped any.

You might also want to check your Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR here on the forums). Do a quick search for FPR and read up.

What kind of maintenance has been done to the vehicle? Also check for any stored codes. Post here any that you find.
I have a scanner and it shows no codes. It had a new filter and fuel pump at 85K. I'll take your counsel and check the Fuel Pressure Regulator. I'll ad another symptom.......It sometimes gives a little backfire attempting to start. Thanks for your response.ClaudeDR

·
Registered
96 sts
126 Posts
I had the same problem with my 90 seville way back in the day. Put in a new fuel pump and it worked perfectly after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts