Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few days I've noticed what looks like fog on the base of the inside of my windshield, right above the defrost vents. I go to turn the defrost on and it dissappates, but if I turn it on, it appears again. This seems very odd in the middle of May, when it's in the 75*-80* range. I guess my first thought was heater core, as I heard when that went, it'll fog up the interior. But if it's of any help, it's been quite muggy here the last few days and rained last night pretty softly and stormed quite hard here today.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
I think it's probably moisture buildup in the evaporator case. The drain could be plugged or just normal buildup in the evap fins. It is spring, no severe heat, but your compressor is running and your fan is most likely not running on high so there will be alot of condensation on the evap. If it is a heater core, you will smell the sweet anti-freeze. Running the A/C on 60 at low will cause the recirculate door to open and dry out your interior and the evap case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts