Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
She's a real looker. I read somewhere she'd never been kissed. She's so ripe she's falling off the vine Koz. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Koz has a crush ...

Just don't get her near a polar bear den, she kind of looks like those gals that want to pet Binky...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
This is the most wonderful story in recent memory. In a culture that makes celebrities out of 110lb waifs with no talent other than whoring around, it's so refreshing to see someone launched to stardom based solely on their talent.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
This is the most wonderful story in recent memory. In a culture that makes celebrities out of 110lb waifs with no talent other than whoring around, it's so refreshing to see someone launched to stardom based solely on their talent.
:yeah:

That's very true. Last year they had a frumpy looking guy audition and cleaned up the place and brought tears to people's eyes. Before the season ended the man was singing for the queen. It's a real talent search, unlike our US version where people are expected to have "the total package."

Mobile phone salesman, no formal training, Paul Potts:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts

Wow. :jawdrop:

That was incredible. What a glorious voice. I loved watching the obvious skepticism of the audience and judges blown away as soon as she started to sing. And to see the audience respond and cheer her on; what a beautiful moment.

She's pretty cheeky too. Not at all intimidated by the venue or the skepticism she faced. You go, girl!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
:yeah:

That's very true. Last year they had a frumpy looking guy audition and cleaned up the place and brought tears to people's eyes. Before the season ended the man was singing for the queen. It's a real talent search, unlike our US version where people are expected to have "the total package."

Mobile phone salesman, no formal training, Paul Potts:
Apparently you've missed the American version of this show "America's Got Talent." It runs during the summer months. Last years winner was a young, over weight young fellow ...... very unlikely candidate and yet a wonderful opera singer. This show is not limited to singers and some of the other acts are really great. The winner of this show's competitiion wins a $1,000,000. contract to perform in Las Vegas.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Apparently you've missed the American version of this show "America's Got Talent." It runs during the summer months. Last years winner was a young, over weight young fellow ...... very unlikely candidate and yet a wonderful opera singer. This show is not limited to singers and some of the other acts are really great. The winner of this show's competitiion wins a $1,000,000. contract to perform in Las Vegas.
You're 100% correct. I've never seen the first episode of America's Got Talent. I was referring to the sister show to the British talent show that discovered Susan Boyle: American Idol.

If you've ever watched it you know judging isn't limited to the quality of contestants song choice, voice, or tone. They very often critique the contestants' appearance, clothes, hair, etc. They expect them to look and act a certain way. They're more in search of a marketable person with the "total package."

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
:werd:

My Wife is a classically trained singer (mostly Opera), and has had her family nagging her for years to try out for American Idol. She has to explain to them every year that it would be a waste of time because she weighs more than 120lbs and doesn't look like Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts