Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is official – my 08 CTS has gained the title of the car I have owned the longest! It happened at the end of November 2012 when the car hit its 5th anniversary ;)

As most of you are aware my initial experience was absolutely horrible as the car has been to the dealer more times that all my and my wife’s car combined in our 30+ years history of car ownership. Still somehow it survived  maybe I just liked it too much…..Right now (knock on the wood!) the car is OK, moreover, even battery works! So I intend to keep it for a while. My next car? I honestly have no idea – new CTS? MB E-class? Infinity M37? Lexus GS? Time will tell. I just hope that GM will not lose its focus on cars as finally it seems they are getting their act together….

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
472 Posts
My 2010 has been a great vehicle but I may get the itch before the 2014s come out. The 2014 MB E-class looks pretty good which is due out this spring. Or perhaps one of the upcoming auto shows will display the next generation CTS to give us CTS owners with the itch something to hold-out for.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
blankster said:
My 2010 has been a great vehicle but I may get the itch before the 2014s come out. The 2014 MB E-class looks pretty good which is due out this spring. Or perhaps one of the upcoming auto shows will display the next generation CTS to give us CTS owners with the itch something to hold-out for.
The 2014 CTS will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show this month.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
gohawks63 said:
The 2014 CTS will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show this month.
I heard not until pebble beach this August along with the escalade. The only new Caddy that will be in Detroit is the ELR.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
So it is official – my 08 CTS has gained the title of the car I have owned the longest! It happened at the end of November 2012 when the car hit its 5th anniversary ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
^ Hi MoFex - Congratulations on the 5th anniversary of your '08 CTS!! A very auspicious occasion. ;)
Something tells me your next car will likely be the Infiniti M37 or MB E-class... unless Cadillac totally surprises and delights you with the upcoming gen-3 CTS!

I heard not until pebble beach this August along with the escalade. The only new Caddy that will be in Detroit is the ELR.
^ BEarle, I have heard (read) that the all-new 2014 CTS will be available from October 2013 - and that if it's not revealed in Detroit (at the NAIAS) this month it will be in 3 months time at the New York International Auto Show (March 29-April 7, 2013).

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Katie, RAB, others,
Thank you for congratulations ;)

Next car, I am really not sure. I have never own two the same cars in my long car ownership history. Why? I have not foggiest idea as my friend would say…..there are so many choices….I may go green and buy a Prius as a daily driver and something else for fun….I know one thing the decision will come suddenly, I just do not know when.
What is definitely on the short list now is the new CTS, MB E-class, Infiniti M37, Lexus GS, I might even look again at ATC. There is also a very slight possibility that I will get something “common”, like an Accord…..time will tell.

During the CTS-V lab I attended late last summer I met with CTS development engineer and he indicated that the 3-rd generation CTS would be available fall 2013. He did not mention where it would be revealed though. Based however on my experience with CTS I will never ever but a GM first model year car. Period!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts
From an article on GMAuthority.com dated November2, 2012:

From the recent words coming from Cadillac VP of marketing Don Butler, the world should expect the next-generation CTS to close the $8,000-odd gap between the current model and the more expensive BMW 5 Series. The new CTS is expected to be unveiled during the 2013 North American Auto Show, as a 2014 model and will be a global car.

The price hike is not unwarranted, as the new CTS is expected to come with more size, power, refinement and technology to squarely compete with the best in the D/E-segment of luxury automobiles, featuring leaders such as the 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

In a report from Automotive News, Butler stated that it’s part of Cadillac’s strategy to earn more credibility in the luxury segment by pricing and contenting vehicles to better match its rivals. However there are still plans of undercutting the competition, but not to a degree that was seen in the past.

“We want to be competitive, but I don’t want to be in a position where in a sense I’m bribing consumers to experience our product,” Butler said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts