Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. I have wheels (times two, technically). I bought a vehicle. It's a 1992 Caprice wagon with the 350. :)

Jay, you would probably approve. 103,000 miles, cloth interior, wine red (that's what the seller called it, I don't know the factory color name) w/red interior (I couldn't have some... pedestrian color like grey.. pfft). I found it, dad looked at it, and drove it, and I negotiated with the guy.

I'm flying south next week to pick it up and bring it up to college. I'm excited. :)

It does have one minor blemish, though, and it happened while dad was driving with the owner. They parked somewhere, and some retard slammed their door into the car, so there's a small dent in the front fender. No biggie, though.

I'm excited! :D :highfive:

Plus, this way, I don't have to sell the FWB, and maybe I can slowly learn to fix it... :bouncy:

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,695 Posts
Congrats, Sting! PICS! Run the VIN through that site I gave you, and it will give the names for the paint color and interior (should be ruby). You sure it is a 350?

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pics! :) I'll get the VIN from dad tonight and run it and confirm color name.

I'm pretty sure it's a 350 -- that's what the ad says. I showed pics to greencadillacmatt the other day and he said it looked sort of like a 305. I don't know. Either way I'm pleased.

Pics:

Here's the dent :(

And now for the good parts: :)

And these are the pictures from the ad itself; the color looks a little different on the interior:

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,695 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a 350 -- that's what the ad says. I showed pics to greencadillacmatt the other day and he said it looked sort of like a 305. I don't know. Either way I'm pleased.
Yes, both are fine engines that will get you to school. On the SPID (inside tailgate, right side) look for L05 or L03. You know what each one means. Underhood, both engines look identical. Some of the L05 cars got a "5.7 Liter" sticker on the airbox. The engine displacement (5.0 or 5.7) will be on the sitcker on the rad support, too. Did you run the VIN yet?

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet, it's dad's birthday tonight so they're out to dinner.

I'll ask tonight. :)

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wagons are for the win, no matter what. :)

Me? Not post? Preposterous!! :D

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Unless they added more colors in '92, then the exterior color is Dark Maple Red Metallic. They simply call the red cloth "maroon". This is from my '91 Caprice brochure.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Congrats bud. There should be a sticker under the hood that tells you the displacement. Otherwise you can run the VIN in that site and it'll give you everything.

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I know it's already wired for sound. The component speakers are upgraded, and the main wires have been run for subs in the back.

That, of course, will come much... much... later (i.e. next semester ;))

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Never saw the Cadillac... But hey nice looking Caprice!

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have no idea. I'm going to go crazy waiting this week. lol

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
nice, I don't like wagons for myself, but i know lots of people who love them. Congrats :)

oh and that little dent should be easy to fix

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Congrats! I love B body wagons! I have owned 8 so far.. the Roadmaster wagon being my favorite.

Give it a few mods and you could have something like this:

You will become addicted :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts