Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a dealership visit on 11/30/2021 for a shimmy at highway speeds, it was decided to rotate my tires and I had my oil changed. Until I arrived home I hadn’t realized that neither my oil change reminder or tpms had been reset. Was my oil changed? We’re my lug nuts tightened?
In addition, my left side mirror was ordered due to a defect (not closing).
The day after my visit, I received a satisfaction survey text on which I indicated displeasure with my wait time (I had an appointment) as well as failure to complete the services I paid for.
Upon calling the dealership yesterday I was informed by Chaz in service that upon instructions from the “dealership owner” they would no longer be servicing my vehicle.
I’ve owned luxury vehicles for the past 30 years and have never been treated in such a unprofessional manner.
if Cadillac is seeking a more youthful demographic, they need to educate their dealers in their responsibilities.
I would highly discourage everyone from purchasing a Cadillac in light of the horrific customer service they displayed.
I received poor service / I indicated that on my survey / I was refused warranty service.
I will be taking this up with Cadillac NA as well as on my numerous social media accounts.
Shame on you Cadillac.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,582 Posts
I don't get it. Forgetting to reset the oil minder is not proof of not having done the oil change, which takes reading the oil and getting underneath to eyeball whether a new filter. And, forgetting to reset the TPMS is not proof of not having done the rotation, which takes checking the lugs to confirm they've been tightened to 850# by an impact gun as is every shop's regular MO. And, did you not get confirmation of the mirror being ordered? You don't state what year/model you're talking about, but if it's a warrantable issue I would not leave without at least something documenting their ordering it.

So, outside of wait time which entirely up to you to report on, just from what you typed it's still not clear to me that the work was not all done, just that it was done by a lazy, sloppy, untrained, unconsciousness lout. Maybe due to short staffing and qualified employee retention issues driven by the past 2 years of the pandemic.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that the service was probably performed, but it was not completed. So that leaves questions as to the efficacy of their policies and unfortunately a question as to whether it was completed.
I asked for documentation regarding the ordering of the mirror and none was provided. I asked that if he put on my service invoice and they declined that as well. I did call the parts department and it seems as though the mirror is in the shop, but Service will not schedule an appointment because I have been dismissed”

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. The dealership is a Cadillac dealership and as such represents the brand and GM
2. I’m not punishing anyone, I’m letting Cadillac and GM know how one of their authorized dealerships treats their customers.

my problem is not with GM or Cadillac, it’s with McGuire Cadillac.

· Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,774 Posts
1. The dealership is a Cadillac dealership and as such represents the brand and GM
2. I’m not punishing anyone, I’m letting Cadillac and GM know how one of their authorized dealerships treats their customers.

my problem is not with GM or Cadillac, it’s with McGuire Cadillac.
From your post.
"I would highly discourage everyone from purchasing a Cadillac in light of the horrific customer service they displayed"

Seems like punishment and it seems like it is to Cadillac.
If you are referring to a specific dealer I would agree with you.
That's not what that said.

· Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,561 Posts
The OP made a post likely thinking that everyone here would support his position. That didn't happen. And we still don't know what year/model he has. Before I retired I owned two service companies and once in a while we had to "fire" a customer. The dealership has the right to do that. Probably more to this story.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
32 years in dealership management, been there and done that. Several times.
Definitely more to the story - if it's true...
Wish there was more Rudy. Would’ve definitely posted. I was fired as a direct result of submitting a honest customer satisfaction report. I’m a businessman and I’ve owned a dozen luxury vehicles. I am disgusted at the service I received at this particular dealership. If I ran my business they way they’re running theirs………

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,949 Posts
I was fired as a direct result of submitting a honest customer satisfaction report.
You're not the first. The Internet is full of stories of people being "fired", harrassed, accounts deleted - all because of a less than glowing feedback report.

Some companies even hire flunkies to submit false five star reports.

Even though this is posted in CCC I doubt you'll receive much satisfaction here, either. You'll get a link to Cadillac Social Media and a request to contact your (the) dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.